Tinker Table causes huge FPS drop

TheDominator77

Question

Title: Tinker Table causes huge FPS drop

Version: 1_0_3

Java Version: Java Runtime Environment 7

Description of Problem:

Every time a tinker table enters my field of view, my FPS instantly drops to less than 1; I cannot even seem to open the table. I suspect this may be due to an old graphics card, as the same issue occurs in Tekkit Lite, but I would like to be sure. Furthermore, if this is the case, is there a way to turn off the fancy effects from the table that may not be compatible with older graphics cards? Power armor is nearly essential to the new Tekkit, so at this point I am desperate for any way to be able to use the table.

Error Messages:

The game did not actually crash or encounter any error that was recorded in the logs. This is another clue that it may just be my computer rather than Tekkit.

Error Log:

There were no unusual goings-on in the log files during any of the times that I attempted to look at the Tinker Table

3 answers to this question

Well, Java's not a huge part of this issue in the first place. Unfortunately, that driver only supports OpenGL 2.0, which is a little old for our purposes, and doesn't seem to have any updates to give it higher version compatibility.

Minecrafts Vanilla system requirements state OpenGL 2.1 minimum to run the game. Unfortunately, I just don't think your rig has the power to really handle this stuff well, the older versions would be causing a slowdown, but if its hitting 1fps, its pretty much struggling all around. I'd love to recommend the standard "Try updating the graphics card" Approach, but I can't seem to find drivers for it anywhere. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download <-- May be able to auto detect your card and attempt an update on it, if anything is available.

Pretty old, not gonna lie. It's a desktop, which was originally built for Windows Vista, but I downgraded to XP. I'll go ahead and read the specs right from the system information file. The processor is an "AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+". As for our "Visual Adapters" we have a primary and secondary "256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO, with driver version "8.263.0.0". Sadly I've got a meager 3.25 GB of RAM. I'm not entirely sure what more you need me to specify concerning the Java version; it is the latest possible update according to the site if that helps.