Auth Servers Inaccessible

Jack Hogan

Question

Launcher Version: build 342

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Java 7 udate 40

Antivirus Program: NA

Description of Problem:

I am trying to download Tekkit for the first time. I go to http://www.technicpack.net/download and download the correct os type. Then when I save the download to my desktop I open it and it requires my username and password for Minecraft. (Which I have purchased). But when I press LOGIN an error pops up saying on the top "Auth Servers Inaccessible" then in the middle it says "an error occurred while attempting to reach Minecraft.net"

Error Messages:

Auth Servers Inaccessible

Error Log:

9 answers to this question

Troubleshooting:

1) If you account has been converted, you may have to use an email address instead of your login name to log in.

2) Try the regular Minecraft launcher. If that works and the Technic Launcher doesn't, re-download the Technic Launcher after removing all traces of the installation (not just writing over the existing one).

3) Something, such as a firewall, may be blocking the Technic Launcher's access to your internet connection. Try temporarily disabling it, or, if you know how, adding an exception for the Technic Launcher in your firewall or antivirus settings.

Does no one know how to fix this?

Did you try/troubleshoot/ask about/google all of the things Torezu listed? Because those cover 99.99% of these complaints.

From what you describe, it sounds like your network or firewall is killing your connection.

(If you're trying to play at a school, the network likely blocks the connection to the Mojang servers.

IE; you are hosed unless you can use another network.)

Did you try/troubleshoot/ask about/google all of the things Torezu listed? Because those cover 99.99% of these complaints.

From what you describe, it sounds like your network or firewall is killing your connection.

(If you're trying to play at a school, the network likely blocks the connection to the Mojang servers.

IE; you are hosed unless you can use another network.)

I have done all of his suggestions. I even wiped my hard drive and re-installed windows. I am trying to play from home, not school. Also, I have taken my computer into several different WiFi connections to make sure that there was not a problem with my router.

this is QUITE weird cuz im trying to help my friend, who has the same problem, but it doesnt work! he just installed it and it somehow downloaded it 10 TIMES. he deleted every copy except the seventh and when he tried to log in, it just showed the message!