can't open two instances of Tekkit Main

leeber2002

Question

Launcher Version: build 365 (current)

Operating System: Win 7

Java Version: version 7, update 21

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

I only recently updated to the new version of the tekkit launcher ( I was still using the year old style one). When I attempt to open a second instance of the client (I have two accounts, frequently play on multiple servers at the same time), it opens and allows me to log into the next account, but when I select the TekkitMain modpack and click 'play' it checks for updates, gets to "0%..version..json" and then just stops. The update/download bar just disappears, and nothing happens.

This only happens when I try to open two instances of the SAME modpack, opening, say, one Hexxit and one TekkitMain client at the same time works fine.

Error Messages:

nothing

Error Log:

nothing

2 answers to this question

You're bound to run into trouble when 2 programs are trying to access one file at the same time. You're probably going to have to settle for one instance.

You could maybe try having 2 install locations.

The old launcher could do it just fine, and I've already confirmed with Canvox that it is in fact a bug.

Workaround we found until it is fixed:

Open AppData\Roaming\.technic\modpacks, and choose a modpack that you do not use. delete the contents of its folder, and then copy/paste the contents of the TekkitMain folder into it. Log into the second account through this second modpack, and simply click no when asked to update.