Help no Idea What To Title

Nick Cole

Question

Title: Help no Idea What To Title

Version: 3.1.3

Java Version: java 7

Description of Problem:

Well, my friend and I have been playing on our tekkit classic multiplayer world for quite some time. We have several power flowers, teraformers, and lots of stacks of diamonds. Anyway, I recently made a sorting system, it is a little laggy but nothing my server couldn't handle. I didn't have any problems with it. Anyway, so one day when I joined, I got an EXTRAORDINARY amount of lag, that didn't happen when I wasn't on the server. I thought it was my tekkit, so I reset the launcher, nothing. I reset the server, nothing. I try importing the world with multiverse, it works fine because I'm at the spawn thousands of blocks away from my build. As I make my way back, it gets laggier and laggier. I'm about 10 blocks away now and the extreme lag is starting. It's pretty clear that it's the world by now, and something near our builds. I looked in the folder, there were some weird files. Like even when I delete it, a file called DIMnull is generated. In DIMnull, RedstoneEther is generated.

In RedstoneEthel, fmap.dat, node1.dat, and node2.dat is there. I think that something with DIMnull is causing this problem because all the other weird files I deleted (ones that weren't in a normal world's folder) don't get regenerated whenever I run it. Even on singleplayer. I HAVE NO IDEA what this is! Anyone that has help please respond!

Error Messages:

None

Error Log:

None

6 answers to this question

Tekkit Class comes with a variety of files you don't find in normal minecraft. You likely just broke your map/mods by deleting those files. You can try mcedit to delete your build, but other than that the only other solution is deleting the map.

Also, note that Tekkit Classic 3.1.3 is EXTREMELY buggy and you should use 3.1.2 instead.

Finally, NEVER open .DAT files (or anything that's NOT .txt) in notepad or wordpad, let alone delete them.

Why? Here's what you're doing:

1. Open an image with notepad

2. You see it's not readable

3. You're deleting the file because you can't read it.

Computer language is NOT English!

No, you underestimate me. I was not comparing the files to normal minecraft worlds, I was comparing them to other Tekkit worlds. This file keeps generating itself when I try to run the world. I did not delete any files that I had before this happened. I am not deleting the files cause I can't read them. I am deleting them because they generate themself, and I have never seen anything like it before. My world has been corrupted, and is generating files that I have never heard of or seen before. I have tried searching the internet, but I could not find ANY results that had anything to do with this folder I am seeing.

I'll figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

I can confirm I have all these files on my Multiplayer world and my Multiplayer world is just fine.

QNlg3nI.png

All these files have to do with the wireless redstone mod.

Once again, try mcedit to fix your build. (http://www.mcedit.net/) It does work with tekkit, but tekkit blocks will show up with weird textures because they're not default minecraft blocks.