It won't let me start the game

jalen

Question

Launcher Version: latest version

Operating System: Mac OSX

Java Version: Latest (java 7)

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When ever i press play it says that there was a unexpected error or something but i need help. I got this download somewhere else, but if i use the download from the tekkit site, it says it can't open it becuz it was developed by a unidentified developer. can anybody help?

Error Messages:

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

Never, EVER use a technic launcher from another site. Those ones usually are just going to lift a copy of your minecraft account username and password. The current issue with Technic on Mac's seems to be due to a security update in some AV program forcing it to refuse alot of things with no override. If you can post a picture of the error window as it is created from the launcher downloaded off of THE OFFICIAL SITE I can look into the issue further.

thanks for the tip! ill never do it again. heres a picture:image.tiff it might not show up but this is what is says:

"TechnicLauncher-2.jar" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified Developer.

Safari downloaded this file yesterday at (time) from www.technicpack.net.

Thats every thing it says on there. any clues on what to do?

thanks for the tip! ill never do it again. heres a picture:http://forums.technicpack.net/webkit-fake-url://5DFB7083-7E59-4B49-BCBC-D6F91EACEF6B/image.tiff it might not show up but this is what is says:

"TechnicLauncher-2.jar" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified Developer.

Safari downloaded this file yesterday at (time) from www.technicpack.net.

Thats every thing it says on there. any clues on what to do?

if you are on mac. go to the apple logo on the top left, click the 4th bar from up (something with system), go to protection and privacy, click the general section and under should be 3 options for downloading, click the second one