Can't update to the latest version of any modpacks.

latherorfroth

Question

Launcher Version: 3.0.0.383

Operating System: Windows 8 (x64)

Java Version: Version 7.51

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

None of the modpacks I have will update to the latest version. To get onto most servers using the Tekkit pack, I need Tekkit version 3 (or is it 1.3?), however my launcher wont update past 1.2.2. The issue is similar with all other mod packs. I;ve tried resetting each modpack I want to play, but this doesn't help. Will I need to delete everything and start again?

Error Messages:

Error Log:

4 answers to this question

• Moderators

You have Norton.

Read the Common Problems sticky

Q. The launcher stops in the middle of downloading the mods.

A. If your AV is not on this list it could still potentially cause problems. Just like any software, we recommended you disable your AV while installing and running your launcher for the first time to avoid issues.

These Antivirus programs are known to cause issues when downloading the launcher.

• AVG
  • Norton
  • McAfee
  • Avira Because of user input, Avira has apparently fixed the false positive. Update your AV.

If you are using one of these you will have to disable them or set the Technic Launcher as an exception in order to install it. They block it by default since they don't recognize it (of course). If that doesn't work, uninstall those terrible anti-virus programs and get one that doesn't get in your way constantly. We recommend if you're paying for any of the above AV's to stop immediately, uninstall them, and get a better AV. Microsoft Security Essentials, or Avast! are two completely freeAV's that work far better then all of the above. MSE especially I can vouch for, having used it for years.

You've misunderstood my issue. The game downloads fine; it doesn't stop halfway through. It simply wont update to the latest version of the modpack. I;ve disabled AVG and deleted everything minecraft related from my PC, and the most recent version Tekkit will update to is 1.2.2 (beta version)

That is the latest Tekkit version. Where have you heard that someone uses a "newer" version? Please show me those people, the only known update from Technic team is here

Oh in that case I'm really confused... Every Tekkit server wont let me connect because it seems to be running '1.3'. I guess that's an issue with the servers I've been trying to join instead... But it happens with every server for every modpack. Weird.