Help would be appreciated

loln4p

Hello.

I just downloaded tekkit server and launcher. Followed a guide how to set it up, and it works. Me and my girlfriend can both connect (she lives elsewhere). The surver runs smooth, but there is a problem. You can't make any items or anything from the tekkit mod. All basic items works, but not the tekkit ones, like wood gear hammer and stuff. I tried with OP, creative mode, but nothing works. I restarted the server and it when I tried to "cheat" the item, it said something with ID problems or some stuff like that. When I try to craft a diamond hammer, it gets in my inventory, and 0.00000000001 second it disappears and the mats are still in the crafting table.

Anyone who could help me? Thanks in advance! :)

when you run the server, you need to run Tekkit.jar, NOT minecraft_server.jar; the launch.bat file provided is usually already set up for you, but if not that should fix your issue.

Thanks, that worked! :)

Now I have come by another problem, when I run my server and try to connect I get errors like: Forge mod loader has found ID mismatches. Any suggestions? Thanks

Now I have come by another problem, when I run my server and try to connect I get errors like: Forge mod loader has found ID mismatches. Any suggestions? Thanks

I would double- and triple-check that the versions are the same between server and client.  The server file you are running should be pretty obvious, based on the zip file you downloaded...  just make sure you're choosing the correct client (gear icon on the Tekkit selection to the left in TechnicLauncher).  If that still doesn't fix it, you might try selecting 'Reset Pack' in the same gear menu.