How do you keep your old worlds when the mod pack updates?

Blacklight9

Every single time the mod pack updates, it breaks and destroys and corrupts my previous single player worlds and makes them unloadable and if they are loadable, I just always end up falling through the void forever when they do load. I don't even DARE update the mods on my server world.   How do you keep the mods updated and yet keep your previous worlds?  Is there a way to update them and not break them????  This is the second update that broke my wolds on me. (thankfully I backed them up this time)

The error I'm getting when I start the maps is:

"error_zps13b8cba9.jpg

Is there any way to get my previous maps to work at all???  I've done so much building!  I don't want to lose these worlds and I especially don't want to lose my multiplayer server map!

Is anyone else other than me having this problem?

Edited by Blacklight9

The problem in your screenshot is the fact that you haven't replaced the configs with the ones in the update.

The way to perform the upgrade on a server is:

extract the zip file to a new folder (something like "bteamnew")

in your original server folder do the following:

rename mods to oldmods

rename config to oldconfig

move the mods folder from the bteamnew folder to your server folder

move the config folder from the bteamnew folder to your server folder

Start up the server again.

Your server world shouldn't have any problems with the new mods, as not much is really changing apart from a few item IDs.

Your single player worlds should have no problems running after you update the client. If you are falling through the world, wait a few minutes for the world to update and then you should appear safely on the ground.

The problem in your screenshot is the fact that you haven't replaced the configs with the ones in the update.

The way to perform the upgrade on a server is:

extract the zip file to a new folder (something like "bteamnew")

in your original server folder do the following:

rename mods to oldmods

rename config to oldconfig

move the mods folder from the bteamnew folder to your server folder

move the config folder from the bteamnew folder to your server folder

Start up the server again.

Your server world shouldn't have any problems with the new mods, as not much is really changing apart from a few item IDs.

Your single player worlds should have no problems running after you update the client. If you are falling through the world, wait a few minutes for the world to update and then you should appear safely on the ground.

Be sure to COMPLETELY stop your server BEFORE you do any of this.

Edited by rcmaehl

That screenshot is from my SINGLE PLAYER WORLD.  Not my server.  I'm having this issue with my single player worlds.  My single player worlds always end up breaking (Meaning they corrupt if I try to play them) after every update to the mod.  I have this single player world backed up and when I log into it, I fall throught the floor and into the void if I select the "load anyway?" option.  And it's that way with all my previous single player worlds.  This happened to my single player worlds with the previous update as well.  The exact same thing.  I had to discard those worlds and start new ones and now with this update, it looks like I have to discard another set of worlds and start fresh again.

I wanted to know what the heck is going on.

All I'm doing is when the Technic Launcher is asking if I want to update the mod, I click "yes". 

I've tried deleting the mod pack and re-downloading it and it still corrupts the maps so I have no clue what's going on.

Does EVERYONE get those errors when using their previous single player worlds when updating the mods or am I the only one?  Does everyone just click "Load Anyway" and everything just works?

Edited by Blacklight9