Fission reactor help please!

Poopyjoe

So i posted the other day with no response. So ill try again.

My reactor keeps exploding. I realized now that 3 control rods were needed (each for an open side) to actually shut it off. So that's going as its suppose to. It isn't overheating, yet when I realize the power shuts off to my energy cells and i go check the reactor out, everything is exploded. poof. no reason. My design is fine, its the same as many many others use. So that shouldn't be it. Any help would be VERY appreciated.

i have no clue then what it could be. Maybe an issue with when the chunk it is in not being loaded, or maybe the reactor and thermometer are on a chunk line boundary and only the thermometer is being unloaded when you walk away too far. F9 twice to get a wire frame of the chunks boundaries and see if that's it. 

wait i bet i know, are you draining away the toxic waste?

If not, it will make the water toxic over time and it won't be able to cool the reactor. 

If not, what i do is add a fluiduct to the very bottom of the reactor, add a pneumatic servo, set the redstone signal to disabled, then throw on a void pipe. 

Edited by Shawn Mullins

wait i bet i know, are you draining away the toxic waste?

If not, it will make the water toxic over time and it won't be able to cool the reactor. 

If not, what i do is add a fluiduct to the very bottom of the reactor, add a pneumatic servo, set the redstone signal to disabled, then throw on a void pipe. 

Boy am I dumb. I knew it had something to do with the waste, i just didnt think i could pump it out. Ill hook some stuff up now. Thank you!

another thing, is there a way to automate putting in the fuel rods?

Edited by Poopyjoe