Server Performance Profiling

TonyVS

Hello I am looking for suggestions for a good server java performance profiler that is free. I am not a coder so have no need for a $1000~ish program

I have looked at VisualVM seems way too complicated and overkill and I can't seem to understand it anyway. nolagg is nice but only does bukkit plugins and bkcommonlib derps out my server hard and causes people to fall though the world

I just need something to run that when my tps is at 5 and I can see, hey it is logistic mod that is doing it

anyone have a suggestion for something graphical like nolagg but cover forge mods too?

Thanks

you sir are awesome....now how do I use it? I glance over that file many time and still see new stuff all the time

Once you have set plugin-profiling: true in bukkit.yml all you have to do is run

/timings merged

And if you need a concise viewer for your timings file that's been generated:

http://aikar.co/timings.php

Thanks for that played with it a bit, I don't think I understand it, it only tells me where, (usually points at someones house) not what in that house. I already know where. I need to know what mod is causing the issue/lag. for example on my last server we used one of the trial profilers and it said the issue was the logistic mod. one we knew it was that mod we started looking at things from that mod. changed a few things. turned out a Friend of mine has used all logistic pipes instead of build craft pipes with logistics pipes after every 20 blocks. one he fixed that all was well. we only knew where to look cause it pointed at the mod causing the most lag.

is there a way to get this to tell me that?

Thanks