Issue with techniclauncher.

qohorik

I am using an imac just to let you know. not windows, mac.

Hello, not sure on which section of the forum to use, got a massive headache with this issue, if this is the wrong section then please move me to the correct section.

My issue is texture packs for tekkit lite... all morning i have been trying to do this, i can;t stand the default texture anymore, and i have watched countless video guides and they are all different and do not help me, but they all have something in common, the icon for the techniclauncher, when i see them download it they get an icon that is 3 tools, however i get a stupid teacup as mine, which opens the launcher right away, and these guides show how to get to the texturepacks folder, they use *go, alt libary, application support, THEN there is techniclauncher folder, NOT for me, it is not there, after that they go into it then to another file and then they find the texturepack folder, i do not have that techniclauncher folder in there, i have unistalled it and reinstalled it countless times, and still it won't appear.

Any help please? i am terrible with computures, i only use them for gaming

i have no idea why the folder aint there, but i need it! and everytime i ask in the server for help, as there are some mac users, i get no response, all these videos are useless, i follow every step, and download as they do, they get the 3 tools type icon, and i get a teacup.

just after some simple asnwers to try and get this sorted so i can use a texture pack,

The "stupid teacup" is the default icon for java files. Your launcher is probably the .jar version, which is a java file.

As for how to get to the texture packs folder, when you're in Finder hit shift+command+G or go to the "Go" menu at the top of the screen and click "Go to Folder...". A window should pop up that says "Go to folder:" and has a box where you can enter something. Put in:

~/library/application support/technic/modpacks

And in the folder that opens up, open the folder for the modpack you want to apply a texture to. From there, it's the same as adding a texture pack as normal minecraft.