Exo Armor Question?

Harry_813

If you have the option to enchant the item using vanilla minecraft enchanting table means, it should theoretically work. If it doesn't show up as enchantable, it most likely will not work even though it may be possible to put the enchantment on. And if I am not mistaken, while tconstruct tools and items can be theoretically enchanted, the enchanted effects do not work at all due to the way tconstruct has set-up internal methods to add the enchantments themselves (eg: lapis adds "fortune" or "looting")

If you have the option to enchant the item using vanilla minecraft enchanting table means, it should theoretically work. If it doesn't show up as enchantable, it most likely will not work even though it may be possible to put the enchantment on. And if I am not mistaken, while tconstruct tools and items can be theoretically enchanted, the enchanted effects do not work at all due to the way tconstruct has set-up internal methods to add the enchantments themselves (eg: lapis adds "fortune" or "looting")

I can add enchanted book to it using an anvil im just wondering if it will actually give me protection or not?

The mod itself is setup to say it shouldn't. The best way to test if the enchantment is working is to test it unenchanted against a mob like a zombie, then test again with it enchanted and see if the damage is decreased at all. If it does decrease the damage done, itll work (unintentionally).

After performing my suggested test to see if it works, it does indeed work with Protection. It also seems to work with the following enchantments:

Fire Protection

Blast Protection

Projectile Protection

Thorns

Feather Falling (Shoes only of course)

Didn't test anything else.

Kalbintion you are awesome! thanks for the info. I had just put prot IV on my exo armor suit and just thought to myself "is this thing going to work at all!?" I even took to the TinkersConstruct IRC with this question but got no response. anyway, very neat info.

Even though I got 60 plus hearts.... haha.

The thing is though, that this shouldn't work with any Tinkers' Construct items, normal enchantments should have no effect on them at all regardless of how it is implemented unless strictly permitted by another value on the item stating that the enchantment should be there. If the mod author ever updates the mod while this modpack is around, it is possible that this may be fixed in a future version and no longer work making existing tconstruct items with illegal enchantments either break the game by crashing (unlikely but possible) or just cease to work