How do i make a Server

xoddiex

Here's a post i had on >another thread related to setting up a server:

Not incredibly hard, you should just be able to download the server files, run it, and have your family connect to the server using the computers internal network IP (typically a 192.168.* number)

If you need to find your internal IP address for the machine the server will be on, you can follow these steps to get the info:

For Windows:

* Press Windows Key and R

* Enter in "cmd"

* click ok or press enter

* type in "ipconfig /all"

* Look for a line with "IPv4 Address" (in some cases you may only have an IPv6 Address, and you would need this value instead)

For Mac:

* Run terminal

* type in "ifconfig -a"

* Look for a line with "IPv4 Address" (in some cases you may only have an IPv6 Address, and you would need this value instead)

Edit: If for some reason the line of IPv4 Address does not exist on Mac output, it may be under a different header. I am unfamiliar with Mac to a massive extent and am not 100% sure if it prepends the info with the same as windows (last i knew i believed it did but it has been a few years since i did anything with a Mac)

The instructions for finding the IP will be slightly different unless you intend on having it to be a local server only. Otherwise you will need to find your external IP.