Tekkit and Unbelievable Shaders Mod?

mammoth84

The most straightforward way to do it that I know of is to make a copy of minecraft.jar in .techniclauncher/tekkit/bin or .techniclauncher/technicssp/bin.

Next install the (normal) GLSL shader mod for the correct minecraft version to the original minecraft.jar.

Then extract both the modified and original .jars to separate folders and use a diff tool (I like Meld in Linux) to find all the modified files.

Put the modified files aside and add them to the modpack.jar in the same folder.

Next go find the Shader.class and shaders/ folder in Sonic Ether's shader pack and put those into modpack.jar.

Caveats: this doesn't always work for me for mysterious reasons. Also, the game tends to crash more often with the shader pack installed on my custom minecraft build (not tekkit, but with a subset of its mods that I like plus some others for SSP play).

I would love for the shader mod to be an included option in tekkit, but as I understand it Daxnitro is against releasing patched class files as opposed to using his patching tool. It follows that he would not appreciate others doing this either. Shame that.