Server Crashes With MCPC+ (1.6.4)

Alright, I made a custom modpack to play with a few friends, and it works perfectly, both the server and the modpack. That is, until I try using MCPC+. I get countless errors that never showed up before when I try using MCPC+ until it finally just stops (but doesn't crash). Eventually, I can't close it, I actually have to go close the process with task manager. I will post links to the crash logs. Oddly, the forgemodloader log stops at some point, and doesn't record all of the errors, so I copy and pasted what I could from the server client (command prompt). Thanks in advance.

From command prompt: http://pastebin.com/uSsvY2Ut
These are the only logs I have, as there is no crash lag since it apparently never actually "crashed".

Server Hardware:
CPU: 3570K @ 4.2Ghz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: GTX 680
Edited by Hotelmariofan

• Discord Moderator

Directly from your log file:

2014-04-06 14:53:03 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

You need to increase the permgen reservation in your launcher script:

Add this:

-XX:PermSize=128m

Directly from your log file:

2014-04-06 14:53:03 [SEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

You need to increase the permgen reservation in your launcher script:

Add this:

-XX:PermSize=128m

Alright, I tried that and it didn't seem to fix the issue. This is exactly what I have in my .bat launch file:  

@echo off

java -Xms2048m -Xmx6G -XX:PermSize=512m -jar Minecraft_RKit.jar user:pass
pause

Here's a new copy of the server.log

http://pastebin.com/SgUP1zuG

Keep in mind, this only happens when I try to use MCPC+. Without it, I have no issues. I've tried many different builds with no differing results.

Edited by Hotelmariofan

• Discord Moderator
2014-04-10 18:14:58 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

The logs don't lie. I have a custom modpack that reports 136 mods many of which are "cornerstone" type mods and I'm fine with 128M of permgen. Also, how much physical memory does the machine you are running your server on have? Is this machine doing anything else (is it your desktop)?

-XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

You Probably don't need to be setting Xmx to 6G. That is enough ram to hold dozens of people on most modpacks, but I can't give you a real recommendation until I know more about your server hardware.

Edited by plowmanplow

2014-04-10 18:14:58 [SEVERE] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

The logs don't lie. I have a custom modpack that reports 136 mods many of which are "cornerstone" type mods and I'm fine with 128M of permgen. Also, how much physical memory does the machine you are running your server on have? Is this machine doing anything else (is it your desktop)?

-XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

You Probably don't need to be setting Xmx to 6G. That is enough ram to hold dozens of people on most modpacks, but I can't give you a real recommendation until I know more about your server hardware.

Ah, I apologize for not including that in the original post initially. I've updated it with that information.

Edit: To answer your question about it being my desktop, yes, it is. I'm just doing all of my testing here, I have another dedicated machine that will be the server's permanent home once I work out these bugs. If your worried about other applications using up too much of my resources, I don't think that's an issue. I've been monitoring resource usage as I run the server and it seems to have enough RAM/CPU.

Edited by Hotelmariofan