A Helpful Thing to Think About

Now, I'm not a mod or anything, but I'm seen plenty posts here to want to make this announcement.

This is the Off-Topic Section.

Here is not the place to ask for help for your modpack, launcher, login problems etc.

If you want to post a bug, please do it here - http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/

Now again, not trying to be snobby or anything, but it's not going to help posting your problem in the wrong section of the forum.

Thank you for your time.

do you feel better now?

yes?

good, because I'm about to fix that.  take a second and consider the kind of person who would post "help meh" type threads in off-topic.  they've already ignored basically all the text on the page, scrolled past the bug tracker, general technic sections, etc. and ignored global announcement posts in order to decide that here is the place to cry out for help.  this person is probably young and/or very computer illiterate.  they most likely have no idea how the internet in general works, or how forums are generally structured.  you expect a post that would only matter if they come to this section, see a thread with a title that doesn't look like " :siren: FIX UR MINECRAFT FAST NOW 100% WORKS UGG BOOTS :siren: ", click on it, read it, and then actually stop for 2 seconds to think about what they're doing to make any sort of difference in the behavior of that group as a whole?  I sure don't.

in making this thread you are like sisyphus trying to roll the stone up that hill, it's an exercise in futility.

do you feel better now?

yes?

good, because I'm about to fix that.  take a second and consider the kind of person who would post "help meh" type threads in off-topic.  they've already ignored basically all the text on the page, scrolled past the bug tracker, general technic sections, etc. and ignored global announcement posts in order to decide that here is the place to cry out for help.  this person is probably young and/or very computer illiterate.  they most likely have no idea how the internet in general works, or how forums are generally structured.  you expect a post that would only matter if they come to this section, see a thread with a title that doesn't look like " :siren: FIX UR MINECRAFT FAST NOW 100% WORKS UGG BOOTS :siren: ", click on it, read it, and then actually stop for 2 seconds to think about what they're doing to make any sort of difference in the behavior of that group as a whole?  I sure don't.

in making this thread you are like sisyphus trying to roll the stone up that hill, it's an exercise in futility.

Well, that's easy then! We rename this thread to " :siren: FIX UR MINECRAFT FAST NOW 100% WORKS UGG BOOTS :siren: " and sticky it to off topic! People with low attention span (our target audience) click it, and maybe 0.14% of them actually reads the first post! Assuming we get two posts per week, we'll see results in a mere 70 weeks (statistically)!

OR we could just let Munaus keep posting "linky" :P