MCPC1.7.2 + Tekkit v1.2.8e/v1.2.9 Server Crashes

EvolutionaryX

I've been told that in order to make a server with Plugins I need to use MCPC however, when I attempt to install the server it never works. I've tried both v1.2.8e and v1.2.9 and they both give me an error which I can't understand. I never merged the forge files however I've tried it sometimes where I did replace the forge files in the config. I'm sorry if this was repeated even though I used the search function before hand and couldn't find any similar issues.

Edited by EvolutionaryX

Its very easy.

Download the Tekkit server, unzip and run it once.

Now download the latest MCPC+ for 1.6.4 which is > mcpc-plus-1.6.4-R2.1-forge965-B251.jar < Click to download and SAVE it.

In your Tekkit Server folder RENAME Tekkit.jar to something else or DELETE file.

Now copy your MCPC file you just downloaded into your Tekkit Server folder and RENAME it to Tekkit.jar. Dont forget to UPPERCASE the letter T.

Run the server again and there you go.

Alright, I've got the server setup by using "M0nk"'s steps. Though with Tekkit 1.6.4 and the correct MCPC, How do I install plugins? The only plugin I want is a chest lock(Please link me to a correct one? :P). I added a chestlock.jar file into the plugins though no commands worked and it never registered on the console. :/

That isn't the problem. He already has MCPC+ for 1.6.4, but he doesn't have the libraries.

Perhaps, but he obviously has no clue what he's doing so im giving the right steps, nothing more.

He should redo the steps, and copy his world in. Should work 100%.

Alright, I've got the server setup by using "M0nk"'s steps. Though with Tekkit 1.6.4 and the correct MCPC, How do I install plugins? The only plugin I want is a chest lock(Please link me to a correct one?  :P). I added a chestlock.jar file into the plugins though no commands worked and it never registered on the console. :/

To see the running plugins on your server type /pl OR /plugins in the chat OR in the server console without the /

If the plugin is in Green its working. Red means failed to load. Make sure you RESTART the server to load new plugins in the plugin folder.

I just searched your chestlock plugin and its kinda outdated (altought it still can work). Also it requires the plugin Vault. I would suggest to search for some other ones.

Also make sure you check for which version of Minecraft the plugin was written for!! This is very important as some plugins fail to function on other versions of Minecraft. You are on Minecraft 1.6.4.

If you find a plugin for a lower or higher version of minecraft you can always try to run it. The console of the server will tell you with the commands above and error lines if it works :)

TIP: A Strongbox can be protected inside Tekkit for yourself or with some friends. No need for plugins. Same goes for Carpenter's Safe (only for yourself).

Good luck

Edited by m0nk

EE3 has 2 working machines using 3 blocks. Calcinator and the Aludel (with Glass Bell). Alchemical chests are also present. Minium stones make a return as well, but minium shards no longer exist. You have to take an item with 8192 EMC value and "smelt" it in a calcinator with standard fuel to get minum dust. Combine 8 minium dust with an inert stone in a Aludel and you get the Minium Stone. Only diamond and emerald have the required EMC value.