Problem with Witchery mod?

Frotbot

So, a few weeks ago I updated my Java to Java 8. Ever since I updated, I have been unable to play Attack of the B-Team and a few other modpacks. In fact, it seems I can't play any modpack with the Witchery mod installed. Is it just my computer or does it not work with Java 8? Because I really want to play Attack of the B-Team, and the Witchery mod in general.

Java 8 isn't a recommended version of Java yet, and it has various issues - it's intended in its current form for use by developers, and is generally stable with a few compatibility issues.

You should remove 8 use Java 7 until Java 8 is ready enough to be a recommended build, it works for some people with B-Team but some have issues (this may include you, so you might as well try 7 before anything else).

If you still have problems after that, please post a log up on the tracker - links can be found in my sig to help you.

It doesn't really update, it puts in multiple versions, simply remove any versions you don't want and programs that use java will use whatever version they think is most appropriate then (usually defaults to 32/64 bit preference then the highest version).