help i cant download my own modpack it keeps saying error cant download and it loads .zip 3 times help please

NNanoKightt

• Discord Moderator
  • All of your required folders (config, mods, etc.) are in a subfolder called "modpack". They need to be in the top level of your modpack archive.
  • The only file in your bin folder is a file containing nested ZIP archives. The only file that should be in that folder is modpack.jar and that is only the Forge universal jar download renamed to modpack.jar. No need to extract it, re-compress it or anything.
  • You have what looks to be a TON of adware/spyware/third-party packaged installers for mods instead of the actual mods in your "mods" folder. ONLY get your mods from the author's preferred distribution channels. Those locations are, more than 95% of the time, at least initially found at either minecraftforum.net or curse.com.

You really just need to start over. Find out who makes the mods you want and get them from their respective authors. Get the correct modpack.jar file set up and come back if you are still having problems.

• 4 months later...

Hi, i have this working with the download but it says it can't unzip the file. i have tried this: download the forge .jar and renaming it modpack.jar and putting it into a bin folder, i have put all my mods into a mods folder and i put the bin and mods folder into a modpack folder and it still cant unzip it.

Please help

Thank you in advanced.