How to make a server so me and a friend can play attack of the b team together?

coolnisi98

Me and my friend have been regular multiplayer survival on mc version 1.7.9. We wanted to try something new and fun so decided to play attack of the b team together, but only problem is we don't know how. How can I host a server so we can play attack of the b team together? We both have the technic launcher and we both are connected through hamachii. 

To set up a server, if you're already set up through hamachi, you just need to download the server pack and run the launch.bat file. Once you've done that, you can both connect to your IPv4 address, located at the top of the hamachi client beside the power icon. Do note that to host an Attack of the B Team server, you should have at least an extra 2gb of RAM available for the server on top of your game.The server will usually only use 1.5gb, but you always want some extra just in case. Combined, running a server and a client on the same machine will take between 3gb and 4.5gb. This is how I host my server for me and my friends.

You can run a single player world and open it to lan, what you then do is get the ip address hamachi gives you then add a colon and the port number and that is your server address.

For example you launch hamachi and you (the host) is given an IP number. The number is displayed above the friend list. Let's say your number is 109.23.45.1.
Ok now you create a room in hamachi and your friend connects to it.

Now open up minecraft the normal way and launch the world you want to play in. Once inside the world hit esc and click on open to lan.

This will open your game to people on hamachi. Once you click on open to lan you will be give a set of numbers. I think it will say port numbers XXXX.

For example you clicked "open to lan" from the minecraft  game menu and your chat box says "Port number 55698".

Now to get your minecraft server address you need to mash up two numbers. The hamachi IP address and the minecraft port number.

SOOOOO!! your minecraft server address would be 109.23.45.1:55698   which is the two numbers put together with a colon to distinguish both numbers.

NOW! you give this number to your friend then he/she clicks on "multiplayer" inside of minecraft and types that number in and your game should now appear on their screen.

Be careful though lan games can be buggy if you don't have fast internet.

Cheers and GLHF

• 8 years later...
On 6/27/2014 at 2:17 AM, DanielUSA said:

You can run a single player world and open it to lan, what you then do is get the ip address hamachi gives you then add a colon and the port number and that is your server address.

For example you launch hamachi and you (the host) is given an IP number. The number is displayed above the friend list. Let's say your number is 109.23.45.1.
Ok now you create a room in hamachi and your friend connects to it.

Now open up minecraft the normal way and launch the world you want to play in. Once inside the world hit esc and click on open to lan.

This will open your game to people on hamachi. Once you click on open to lan you will be give a set of numbers. I think it will say port numbers XXXX.

For example you clicked "open to lan" from the minecraft  game menu and your chat box says "Port number 55698".

Now to get your minecraft server address you need to mash up two numbers. The hamachi IP address and the minecraft port number.

SOOOOO!! your minecraft server address would be 109.23.45.1:55698   which is the two numbers put together with a colon to distinguish both numbers.

NOW! you give this number to your friend then he/she clicks on "multiplayer" inside of minecraft and types that number in and your game should now appear on their screen.

Be careful though lan games can be buggy if you don't have fast internet.

Cheers and GLHF

Do you know how I would do it on MacBook because hamachi is not able to download for me because it isn't my version of Mac so im really lost. pls help