Minecraft updated its Login system. can't connect.

Chessehead17

Question

Before i Start i am guessing as to where i should post this so if this is wrong please inform me and i will get it moved to the correct place.

Launcher/pack Version: 1.0.1.1\Tekkit 2.1.1

Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Version of Java: 1.u73 x64

Description of Problem: Ok recently when i went to log in to Tekkit it wouldn't except my normal log in info. Mojang seems to have changed it so you need to log in with your email. no on the server side i am getting error messages like :

Error Messages: is "End of Stream"

Link to pastebin of log: this is from the server logs no this is not a client issue. http://pastebin.com/NrUHwpNd

2 answers to this question

Before i Start i am guessing as to where i should post this so if this is wrong please inform me and i will get it moved to the correct place.

Launcher/pack Version: 1.0.1.1\Tekkit 2.1.1

Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Version of Java: 1.u73 x64

Description of Problem: Ok recently when i went to log in to Tekkit it wouldn't except my normal log in info. Mojang seems to have changed it so you need to log in with your email. no on the server side i am getting error messages like :

Error Messages: is "End of Stream"

Link to pastebin of log: this is from the server logs no this is not a client issue. http://pastebin.com/NrUHwpNd

My gut feeling says to double check in the "Options" button on the launcher and to make sure that you're using the 2.1.1 client of Tekkit instead of the 3.0. My migrated account seems to work and allows me to connect to servers as long as I remember to change it from my username to the email address.