trouble while using tekkit and plugins

severuscold

Hi, I'm new to the tekkit world, and i've been trying to add bukkit plugins to it, which i Know it's possibile.

The problem is idk how to install them. They are inside my plugins folder, but they just don't run.

I run a professionally hosted server.

Hello, I accidentally deleted my Captainsparklez Ultra Modded Survival modpack while in the launcher. I clicked the little red minus button while trying to fix it and i derped and thought i can just delete and redownload it, well it deleted my worlds too. I don't think i have any backups and im wondering if there is any way to get my worlds back. it took forever and i had lots of stuff like the me system... etc. so yea i really need help and i dont want to lose it,.

Hello, I accidentally deleted my Captainsparklez Ultra Modded Survival modpack while in the launcher. I clicked the little red minus button while trying to fix it and i derped and thought i can just delete and redownload it, well it deleted my worlds too. I don't think i have any backups and im wondering if there is any way to get my worlds back. it took forever and i had lots of stuff like the me system... etc. so yea i really need help and i dont want to lose it,.

This thread has nothing to do with custom mod packs so why did you post in here? Your question also has nothing to do with Tekkit and so should be discussed in the relevant forum instead of Tekkit discussion.

If you deleted your stuff and had no backups anywhere no one can help you.

To my knowledge, you either use Cauldron or run without plugins.

You might protect your server with a whitelist, and elevate some trustworthy players to operators.

Cauldron doesn't seem to work.

Is there any other method that would allow me to run plugins on tekkit?

Or a way to protect my tekkit server while im not online? (griefers,hackedclient users)

I had a tekkit jar 1.2.9e version prepared by my host with the plugin front-end integrated, never used it as I needed an ordinary tekkit server. I can send you this version. I have the copy here.

Edit:

After some searching I found out you should have some option to install craftbukkit or a bukkit server version. I have been around with two hosts and both have the option to install bukkit versions with plugins.

Edited by bochen415

I had a tekkit jar 1.2.9e version prepared by my host with the plugin front-end integrated, never used it as I needed an ordinary tekkit server. I can send you this version. I have the copy here.

Edit:

After some searching I found out you should have some option to install craftbukkit or a bukkit server version. I have been around with two hosts and both have the option to install bukkit versions with plugins.

So, craftbukkit is the tekkit version with plugins ?

So, craftbukkit is the tekkit version with plugins ?

I'm not good at this.

Read the basics here and >here.

You need to integrate Cauldron to you server. This is beyond my knowledge.

I've got it integrated by my host. You can test it locally if you want.

There's no easy solution like downloading some stuff and running it. The guide on Cauldron setup gives me the chills.

Edit:

You will find more answers here, also >this topic looks promising.

Edited by bochen415