Issue with Power Gauntlet / It's config

Nylaathria

Greetings!

I'm running a fairly active Tekkit server, and as always, you find issues along the way, things that can be abused for griefing and what not else.

In this case it's the Power Gauntlet, the Blink Drive can be used to blink into peoples homes, despite them having locked the door. The plasma cannon can be used for PvP, despite PvP being disabled, and the leaf blower can just cause a lot of havok.

So, the issue being - I tried disabling the modules in the mmmPowersuits.cfg config file, but... It seems to not really care about that / utterly ignores it's own config file.

Which means I've had to ban the Power Gauntlet as a whole through a plugin for the time being, which is really not optimal.

- And a lot of people keeps asking for it.

Any of you got an idea for a fix for this?

Best Regards

Nighty

I highly suggest reading the forum rules before posting any more as signing your posts is not allowed.

It can actually hurt players even if PvP is disabled? It must be the AoE on it and not the plasma shot itself. It is a commonly removed module though, as is the blink drive. I've never heard of the leaf blower being a problem though.

As for a fix, did you set them to disabled in config/machinemuse/powersuits.cfg as well as config/mmmPowersuits.cfg? if it doesn't work after that I'm out of ideas. One of those should be controlling the modules. After looking at them both they seem to be the same file so maybe the one you played with is a leftover from the earlier versions and is no longer referenced.

Edited by Digdug83

The only thing I can think of right now is that you edited the wrong config file. There are somehow two MPS config files in the Tekkit 1.2.9e server package, namely mmmPowersuits.cfg in the config root folder, and powersuits.cfg in the "machinemuse" subfolder. I guess Machinemuse changed the config structure some time during the Tekkit lifespan and they forgot to take out the old, redundant config file when they updated the mods.

I don't know which of the two is the "real" config file, but since your changes to mmmPowesuits.cfg did nothing, it's probably the one in the subfolder. Worth a try, I guess.

edit: too slow <_<

Edited by redsector

I highly suggest reading the forum rules before posting any more as signing your posts is not allowed.

It can actually hurt players even if PvP is disabled? It must be the AoE on it and not the plasma shot itself. It is a commonly removed module though, as is the blink drive. I've never heard of the leaf blower being a problem though.

As for a fix, did you set them to disabled in config/machinemuse/powersuits.cfg as well as config/mmmPowersuits.cfg? if it doesn't work after that I'm out of ideas. One of those should be controlling the modules. After looking at them both they seem to be the same file so maybe the one you played with is a leftover from the earlier versions and is no longer referenced.

Oh, my apologies. I mainly did it to be polite.

And yah, I'm pretty certain that it's the AoE effect from it. The Leaf Blower was mainly that someone had removed all the leaves from about 200 trees around the spawn area *shrugs* ^^

--- Annnnnd, I've never actually seen that other file, I'll take a look at it right away, thank you (Both)!

It's a clean install of 1.2.9e at the time it started, so I guess the mmmPowersuits.cfg might just be a remnant from old times :)

Thanks again.

Edit: The powersuits.cfg file fixed it :)

Edited by Nylaathria