New Modpack System

Jacob_crafter

So I was browsing through mod packs to try and find the one that was right for me, and I noticed many things throughout my journey from mod pack to mod pack.  I have in the pass installed mods without the launchers, but find that very difficult and time consuming.  Also, several mods I found that I really enjoyed were not being updated enough, which left outdated mods and glitches that I was used to being fixed. So I was wondering if it could be possible to make a launcher that allowed you to go through a large, updated list of mods, and choose the ones you wanted to use. Then it would compile these mods together into a working mod pack that you could play, as well as easily update the mods when needed. I understand that there is the issue of compatibility between different mods, but I feel as though with enough work this could be solved. A lot of the Technic Launcher's mod packs are huge and nicely set up, allowing them to run smoothly for the player. Imagine if we did that on a scale that included a ton more mods? It would be amazing. Another issue I would like to address is mod packs that have multiple of the same items, ores, etc. Its annoying going mining and having 4 different copper ores in your inventory, and wastes a lot of storage room. Could someone design a mod that will instantly make all ores of the same name into a single ore that will work for all crafting recipes? Please post your comments and ideas below. Has someone tried this before and failed? Succeeded? Is it impossible to do? I would love to hear your responses!