New Modpack looking for testers/feedback

FirefightGI

I have created a modpack for 1.7.10 and need players to test it and tell me what they think. I am constantly keeping mods up-to-date and getting rid of bugs/crashes. I hope to start a dedicated server for this pack possibly partnered with Oh'gaming throught the MC Server Success program. Before I do that I need YOUR feedback!

The modpack is based around hunting mobs and bosses and climbing the metaforical tree to fight even stronger mobs/bosses. This pack includes a mod made by myself and I am always wiling to listen to what the future community wants me to add.

Give it a try: http://www.technicpack.net/user/view/380793

• Discord Moderator

Client Pack:

• You should always include a full compliment of config files in your modpack. Even though Forge/MC 1.7+ does not suffer from the item and block ID conflicts like <=1.6.4 the configs are still required to provide balance between mods, to adjust things like power/ore/fluid generation, to manage microblocks, etc.

I am not sure what you mean, once you run the pack all defult config files will genarate as the mod authors intended. I have supplied one modified config that disbles an item to fix a crash. There are also no ID clashes, I may include a config for Applied Energistics 2 to reduce the spawning of skystone meteors if possible to reduce lag. As far as I could tell all mods are balenced but I could tweak mob spawn rates.

Other than this I will add configs when needed or requested for balenceing, but I need feedback to know what people think is unbalenced.

Edited by FirefightGI

• Discord Moderator

To quote my own profile signature, "Friends don't let friends make modpacks without config files." Until you have a full compliment of every config, for every mod in your pack that makes one, inside your modpack archive you do not have a complete pack. Sure Forge/MC 1.7+ modpacks don't have (most) of the ID conflict issues from previous versions. For example, by default every single mod will be managing its own oregen. This means that you may end up with three or four times the amount of a particular resource spawning in your world than you really want. There are a dozen other reasons to comply with this requirement.

However, I seem to be going in a different direction that you are interested in going. Carry on.

To quote my own profile signature, "Friends don't let friends make modpacks without config files." Until you have a full compliment of every config, for every mod in your pack that makes one, inside your modpack archive you do not have a complete pack. Sure Forge/MC 1.7+ modpacks don't have (most) of the ID conflict issues from previous versions. For example, by default every single mod will be managing its own oregen. This means that you may end up with three or four times the amount of a particular resource spawning in your world than you really want. There are a dozen other reasons to comply with this requirement.

However, I seem to be going in a different direction that you are interested in going. Carry on.

I will keep this in mind, also some configs offer more or less than others in options and I understand what you were saying now. I will apply this where needed.