Rei's Entity Radar

ishmal1103

Me and my buddies have a server running the new Tekkit using the standard software they give you from here: http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

I've read the minecraft forum post Rei made and countless other Forum posts, most referencing a "plugins" folder, motd.txt files, and additional mods that need installing, all under the impression that you are running Bukkit (which we are not). Is there any way we can enable Entities Radar without having a Bukkit server? Or am I simply not looking in the right spot?

You download the LoginMessage Forge Server file Rei has on his page (hidden in the entity radar spoiler section) and place it in your server's mods folder. You reboot the server and after that you should see a loginmessage.txt in your main directory for you to edit to your liking. Bukkit is 100% not required to get entity radar up and running

Edited by Digdug83

I may be using the wrong version of the fix. The latest one I could get was the 1.5.1 direct. The links for the latest ones are just links for the same forum post. Is the minecraft forum post the only source for the login message forge server files?

Possibly. Most mods start as posts on the Minecraft forum, and some things never gain ordered file distribution channles.

For it to work on Tekkit, you need to have a version for Minecraft 1.6.4 - and probably also matching the REI version we use: 3.4_01

Well I was going to post a link to my Dropbox account so you could download the archive but apparently it's against the rules. If you want you can PM me an e-mail address and I'll send it there.

Edited by Digdug83