Towny conflict with some stuff

UL7RA

Question

So I was playing on this server for some time, and observed some problems, and decided to help the admins to solve them.

It seems that the machines that place or take blocks (Quarry, Forestry's Farms) wont work on the protection. While outside them, they work very well. I see that these machines should bypass Towny's protection, but unfortunately I don't know how to do this, so I ask YOU how to do it, hoping that you know.

Any help is welcome.

9 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

Failure to Read Stickies???? There is a fix for this if you would just look.

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,4645.0.html

Actually this has nothing to do with the problem he is experiencing. The problem is occurring because BuildCraft/IC2/etc all use fake players to cause events. (Like a quarry breaking blocks)

To allow these mods to modify Towny areas (or the wild) they need to be given permission like any other player. This is done by adding permissions to the player: [buildCraft]

Here is an example I posted in a previous thread about the same problem. This is what I use for PermissionsEX:

groups:

Entity:

default: false

permissions:

- '*'

users:

'[industrialCraft]':

group:

- Entity

'[buildCraft]':

group:

- Entity

'[Forestry]':

group:

- Entity

Hope this helps!

edit: You will also want to give permission to [RedPower2] which wasn't in my example

sct, can you, please, post your entire permissions.yml ? And a link to the version that will work with tekkit?

And before putting the permissions in permissions.yml, should I run them through the YAML Parser to work?