Question

Launcher/pack Version:

Launcher version: 1.0.1.1, Server version 2.1.1

Operating System:

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Version of Java:

Java 7, 64-bit

Description of Problem:

So, my server started crashing yesterday. I deleted my own .dat file to reset my position back to spawn, however, when me or any other player enter a certain area of the map, it crashes the server.

The area we can't enter is our homebase, so kinda don't want to see it go.

Error Messages:

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at zu.a(SourceFile:137)

at kp.e(NetworkManager.java:145)

at kp.c(NetworkManager.java:267)

at qo.run(SourceFile:76)

Link to pastebin of log:

http://pastebin.com/satgjfsP

You can see the error start at line 298, which is when I entered the area to trigger the crash/timeout/overload.

I tried disabling a couple of plugins to check if they were causing the problem, but no luck there.

16 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

You probably have an item spill somewhere. (Or millions of solar arrays/watermills/whatever)

Try doing /remove items -1 next time you get in-game and see if it helps.

• Forum Administrators

It clears all dropped items from the ground (assuming you still have WorldEdit installed).

If you suddenly stop lagging, you have a serious item leak. Maybe a quarry/filler dropping items all over the place.

Awesome. It fixed it. I've been looking around at our various quarries/cobblestone generators, but can't find any spillage. Do you know any way to check where the items are piling up?

I removed 14k entities with the command, lol.

• Forum Administrators

Well its going to be within a certain radius of where you were lagging out. Keep running the command every so often and see if the items start piling up heavily again. If they are still reaching very high numbers then it is still spilling somewhere. I would check your hawkeye/logblock/whatever you use for quarries/fillers in the area. You can also use MCEdit to clear them but it could be anything causing it. Very good chance its a cobblestone generator if its continuously doing it. In that case I would search for block breakers. Good luck!

• Forum Administrators

Hm, just removed 4k entities again. I have a cobblestone generator setup with blockbreakers, but the enteties fall into obsidian pipes and are brought into a chest. Could this be the problem?

Thanks for the help, btw!

If you are already back at 4k entities then no amount of chests is going to hold all that cobblestone. Find that cobblestone generator and turn it off!

• Forum Administrators

There's a Gem of Eternal Density in there, making all the cobblestone to, eventually, Red Matter.

and you confirmed this is not the are leaking? Check for other generators if that is the case.

You say you are using block breakers that are dropping the items on the ground then having obsidian tubes pick them up right? Well from my understanding, the obsidian tubes will not operate on an unloaded chunk, even with chunkloaders, however the block breakers will continue to work. My suggestion, connect the blockbreakers to a chest/alchemychest via tubes. When the chest either becomes full or unloaded, the tubes will stop the items from flowing and the block breakers from pumping out items. You can then use a engine/woodpipe to exctract the items out of that chest to push to your system(if really needed to go to buildcraft pipes). The RedPower Tubes have routing mechnisims in place to prevent those kind of issues you are having. I have a cobble generator that pushes out 6 stacks of cobble every second and a half with no issues on joining the server. (Buffers work great to reduce items traveling through the tubes)

• Forum Administrators

The issue is not item spillage, but the sheer amount of cobblestone you have flowing through the pipes. I had the same issue, so I just got rid of the mass cobblestone gens. :/

Oh its not?

I removed 14k entities with the command, lol.

I would say 14k entities laying around is definitely a problem. :v:

The issue is not item spillage, but the sheer amount of cobblestone you have flowing through the pipes. I had the same issue, so I just got rid of the mass cobblestone gens. :/

From my experience with many people on my server's last world using ridiculous EE/buildcraft setups, or cooling systems that used redpower tubing, no amount of items moving around in pipes or tubes seems to ever cause lag.

The SECOND one of those pipes breaks and those items start spilling out on the ground, however.....

I don't believe items in pipes are treated as entities. I'm unfamiliar with how it works, but my remove drops command has never killed things in pipes.