Anyone having same issue? Tekkit 2.1.1 server

NateGR

I have a 2.1.1 server for myself and a few friends. Yesterday the EU coming from our windmills seemed to be sporadic. I figured since windmills aren't constant I'd make some solar panels too. Everything, and I mean everything, whether it be during storms for the windmills or noon and sunny for the panels, is refusing to produce electricity. I used the EU reader on the cables right next to them and no EU at all so it's not a wiring issue. Anyone else experienced this or similar issues on their server? (I've logged in on both localhost on my own pc and over tcp/ip from a separate pc) I've also travelled and started a different system there and no luck. Restarting server doesn't seem to help either. Any more information I could provide you with, please ask and I will.

I have a 2.1.1 server for myself and a few friends. Yesterday the EU coming from our windmills seemed to be sporadic. I figured since windmills aren't constant I'd make some solar panels too. Everything, and I mean everything, whether it be during storms for the windmills or noon and sunny for the panels, is refusing to produce electricity. I used the EU reader on the cables right next to them and no EU at all so it's not a wiring issue. Anyone else experienced this or similar issues on their server? (I've logged in on both localhost on my own pc and over tcp/ip from a separate pc) I've also travelled and started a different system there and no luck. Restarting server doesn't seem to help either. Any more information I could provide you with, please ask and I will.

Any screenshots of your setup possible? It could be a number of things.

Any screenshots of your setup possible? It could be a number of things.

Will try and take some soon and upload them. Basically it's 6 windmills, ~50 low voltage cable straight up from the ground, nothing but the cable around them in any direction. Cable goes down to an MFE, MFE to low voltage transformer, transformer to 2 Batboxes. None of the cables cross each other, all cables are in the right spot in terms of input and output on the boxes and MFE. It was working fine even after I added solar panels on the ground and connected them to the low voltage cable going to the MFE. Just stopped working yesterday for about an hour and then came back on for a a few days (in game time) and today it didn't work at all from server start up to stop.

Edit: Is there a server cache or any files related to Industrial Craft that I can delete in the hopes of it reloading everything correctly? And also, Generators hooked up the to the cable to the MFE still produce electricity to my batboxes, the solar panels and the windmills just don't seem to be passively generating anymore.

Haha no worries, there may as well be a vacuum between them and the sun, besides the wire below them the windmills and solar panels are in clear view of the sky and the windmills have a very large area of space around so as to not disrupt the wind. About 5 minutes ago they started working again, and I have no idea if it had anything to do with Not Enough Items being enabled but thats the only thing I can say that I've changed in the last hour or 2 between when they were not working and now.

Hmm, doesn't seem likely that NEI being enabled would cause the problem, have you reloaded your server? Or do you have a plugin which automatically reloads the server? You might just need to reload every once in a while to stop lag and just refresh everything.

Ya I quit and reloaded the server as well as restarting my computer and starting up the launcher again. Neither helped the problem. Maybe NEI disables the random weather variables or something along those lines? Although that would explain the windmills not working, it wouldn't explain the solar panels not working when the weather was set to normal and the sun set to mid day. It's working again for now though but if it stops again for as long as it did earlier today I may dive into the code and post my findings afterwards. For now, I'm happy tho.