Allocating RAM

Hi, i've been having problems with running my Tekkit server. After a certain amount of time an error message pops up on the console saying 'Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded' the server starts to get laggy from there on and, after looking around, i found that allocating more RAM might help, But i have no idea how to do it! :P Can anyone help. I've got a 64 bit computer and 8GBs of RAM, oh and my OS is windows 7 Thanks!

Overloads are usually caused by considerable CPU consumption. Either consider giving Tekkit a higher priority or closing anything that may be CPU intensive. They can also happen when there's lots of redstone circuits and such constantly changing state.

Hmmm - Your question does seem rather noobish as this is a common problem and there are many sources to get a proper answer.

The solution offered by DHBM, although it will keep you from seeing the "Can't keep up..." message, doesn't really address the reason the server is telling you that.

The real answer is you need to allocate more RAM via the -XMS parameters in the Launch.bat, OR realize that you CPU is just not fast enough to run Tekkit.

You're welcome and this come will also work for a standered bukkit server Ive been running my own self made 1.2.5 tekkit server so to speak while waiting for official tekkit to update to 1.2.5 and this is what I use for it just need to modify it for the name of the jar.

java -Xmx13G -Xms8G -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui 

pause

the reason i suggested the plugin was because i run a very similar setup, and had a similar issue. after installing it it cleared up the log files. and the lag i was having was almost gone.