RE: Ungenerate chunks?

Pulseeey

Hello,

I'm using a modified Big Dig modpack with Dynmap. I used http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldborder/ to load all chunks within a 3072 range from my spawn. It worked nicely.

However I just installed 'Extra Biomes' and since they won't render within existing chunks.. you can only find those biomes like 4000 blocks away which is not only a pain but it'd be weird as hell having original world then randomly walking into a part of the the world that is endless with different trees and stuff.

That plugin has a trim command, however I cannot tell from reading it's instructions as to whether it actually unloads/deletes chunks beyond the range I specified. I also had to still make it quite a distance away from spawn since I do not know if it will also delete bases/buildings beyond that range.

Anyone have any ideas? The server only has around 10 people joining, but their bases are quite far apart but not sure how I can re-generate the world.. without losing our stuff so I can have new biomes. :/ 

Thanks

- Chris

You can use the worldborder trim command, it deletes them. Use /wb set <radiusX> [radiusZ] (or another /wb set command) to set the worlds border before running the trim command. The radius needs to be sufficiently set to be outside the farthest from where the command the ran (ie: a base at 100,100, ran at 0,0, needs radius of 100 at least to make sure part of it gets in, 150 would probably get most of their base...etc)

Otherwise - use a map editor like MCEdit to delete chunks (bit easier to grab chunks around bases, etc). There is no way though to bypass the chunk edges that will happen from doing either of these changes.

You can use the worldborder trim command, it deletes them. Use /wb set <radiusX> [radiusZ] (or another /wb set command) to set the worlds border before running the trim command. The radius needs to be sufficiently set to be outside the farthest from where the command the ran (ie: a base at 100,100, ran at 0,0, needs radius of 100 at least to make sure part of it gets in, 150 would probably get most of their base...etc)

Otherwise - use a map editor like MCEdit to delete chunks (bit easier to grab chunks around bases, etc). There is no way though to bypass the chunk edges that will happen from doing either of these changes.

You love replying to my threads huh? Haha.

This part made be confused.

'The radius needs to be sufficiently set to be outside the farthest from where the command the ran (ie: a base at 100,100, ran at 0,0, needs radius of 100 at least to make sure part of it gets in, 150 would probably get most of their base...etc)'

I understand the border would need to be a good size outward from the base that is the most farthest from the center point so it doesn't delete their base. Whether this is what you meant, I don't know.

Update: I ran the trim command, looks like it's too much work for dynmap to auto update so I have to do a fullrender. How easy is MCedit to use? I recall using it once and it was insanely difficult since I'd have masses of land to delete in between bases etc. 

Will extra biomes then render properly? :D

I understand the border would need to be a good size outward from the base that is the most farthest from the center point so it doesn't delete their base. Whether this is what you meant, I don't know.

Exactly what I mean.

The other biomes will then be added once the chunks are regenerated. and MCEdit isnt that difficult to learn to use if you spend a bit of time messing around. I also have a tutorial series (couple beginner styled episodes) on my youtube channel that may be of assistance. It doesnt go over chunk deletion but it should help with navigational, selection, etc things. As for dynmap - yeah, even their wiki says the trim would cause dynmap to need to be ran with fullrender.

Exactly what I mean.

The other biomes will then be added once the chunks are regenerated. and MCEdit isnt that difficult to learn to use if you spend a bit of time messing around. I also have a tutorial series (couple beginner styled episodes) on my youtube channel that may be of assistance. It doesnt go over chunk deletion but it should help with navigational, selection, etc things. As for dynmap - yeah, even their wiki says the trim would cause dynmap to need to be ran with fullrender.

Thanks.

I opened the level in MCEdit, but didn't realize it manually loads chunks so have to wait a while before I can even start deleting chunks. I just hope I don't mess up since the MCEdit isn't exactly detailed so going to have to watch for bases like an eagle.

UPDATE: It worked however when the new land generates, it kinda doesn't blend with the old land. Is this fixable or is that just how it is.. :/

Quite bummed out about this. :(

e.g. ba1d78b71df8.png

Edited by Pulseeey

From a few posts of mine ago.

Oh right, apologies, I didn't recall seeing that. Well that caused huge errors so I think I will create a new word (separately) then re-create my base as much as I can in a similar location, same with spawn. etc. Which will be insane considering my base is quite the size but hey..... that's Minecraft.

I have decided to start fresh on 1.6.4, reason being is some mods I want are not on 1.7 yet and not every mod I use is supported actively enough so they aren't on 1.7

Thanks

Edited by Pulseeey