Possible Advanced Portals Bugs?

airlynx99

Okay, I've been running a small server just for a friend and myself to play on, no extra server mods, no permission files, just us, but as soon as we started visiting other dimensions like the moon and the tropics strange things have been happening in our worlds.

The first time we visited the moon I immediately set up an advanced portal with a basic dialer to get back and forth easily.  We immediately noticed overworld mobs glitching on the surface of the moon.  They weren't actually there, we couldn't attack them, and they didn't respond to us, but they'd either stand there or glitch/fall from the sky.  

When we returned to Earth we started seeing occasional space mobs in the overworld.

But that wasn't all.  We started seeing "ghosts" of ourselves and each other.  A player model just standing there either in the same dimension or in the other dimension but crossed over, I'm not entirely sure.  Then the server seemed to start reporting inaccurate locations of our current player models.  I would see him pass through walls and stuff, or be standing in a spot where I knew he wasn't (like accessing a chest while on the other side of the room).  

At first I wrote it off as the price paid for instantaneous travel to the moon, but it's started happening since we visited the tropics too.  It's getting very annoying and I've tried searching the forums for similar reports but couldnt' find anything. We were running on a server with 2 GB for the 2 of us, I recently upped it to 4GB but no changes.

Any ideas/suggestions on possible fixes?

Issue is indeed with EP2, no available fix outside of "Don't use it". The ghosting mobs can be removed and inaccurate locations of players via restarting. If one of those ghosting mobs enters a portal however, it can cause a crash and the entity needs to be removed with MCEdit.

Well, good to know but definitely not turning off the portals.  Since it's just the 2 of us I guess we can live with it, but I've been on other servers utilizing Enhanced Portals in B-Team and didn't see any issues like this.  I find it hard to believe that there isn't a fix for it.

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

You should be able to get more references to topics (older topics when myself and Loader believed it was morph causing the issue) from these two search queries on the advanced forum search:

http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

Find Words: morph
Search in Section: Forums
Find author: Loader
Find in forum: Attack of the B-Team
Display results: Posts

Find Words: morph
Search in Section: Forums
Find author: Kalbintion
Find in forum: Attack of the B-Team
Display results: Posts

If something isn't said to be marked in the above, leave it as default.