Need help with quarry and Aplied energistics

Gotxi

That is rather massive, and also rather inefficient. Observe how the internal buffer is completely full because the Power Tap cannot drain the power fast enough. The temperature is also deep in the red zone.

Redstone Energy Conduits max out at 10k RF/t, so you would need five separate Conduit lines to take all that power as fast as it is produced. Which means five Power Taps, each with sufficient intermediate power storage along the line. I suggest you dial it back to 90% and see how hot it gets. Anything beyond 1000°C is considered inefficient, and is only recommended if you intend to run a breeder for quick Cyanite production (and remember that it will burn through your Yellorite supply very quickly).

You can also achieve higher output with less resources if you cluster the rods together in groups of 2x2 or 3x3, and generally use less rods to compensate for the increased heat.

All this of course is overshadowed by the efficiency of an actively-cooled reactor, i.e. one running Turbines. Compare my >old project, which produces double the output of yours with a significantly smaller Yellorium footprint. Granted, it took a massive investment of Iron, Coal and Cyanite up front to build the Turbines.

It's of course fine if you are happy with it. Just pointing out where you could improve.

Oh, didn't know the conduits had a limit, the technic wiki only says this:

The Redstone Energy Conduit is a type of wire used to move Buildcraft energy around. The conduit is able to move significantly more energy than conductive pipes, and it doesn't explode like conductive pipes do when overloaded. In addition, the pipes only suffer a 5% energy loss, regardless of distance, compared to 5% per block for stone and 0.5% per block for gold conductive pipes. The ends where it connects to blocks are directionally keyed - blue means energy is going into the block, orange means energy is coming out. This can be changed by right-clicking the end with a Buildcraft-compatible wrench.

Redstone Energy Conduit is created by filling Energy Conduit with Destabilized Redstone in a Liquid Transposer. (200mB per piece of conduit)

One of the doubts i had is if an active cooled reactor with turbine was more efficient than a passive cooled one, so you say it is. I will try it in creative first so i can compare.

Your vertical reactor seems very interesting, and i can also save resonant ender with the infinite vertical flowing. Hmm... i have to make one (or two :D)

But one question, why so much tesseracts? they have a power limit too? Im just using one right now to output the power to my main power network.

Thanks a lot for the tips, im still learning and trying tekkit stuff :D

Edited by Gotxi

The wiki has not been updated for Thermal Expansion 3 yet, and that is with Thermal Expansion 4 approaching. TE3 introduced the Redstone Flux (RF) energy system, which is quickly becoming the standard system as other mods are adapting to it - like BigReactors, obviously. That limit came with the RF system, not sure if there even was one before. At least there is no loss any more, as far as I'm aware.

The massive number of Tesseracts on The Core was a design decision. Making four or five max-size turbines would certainly have been more resource-efficient, but the goal was to create this shape.

The stalk design is quite efficient in itself, but not the optimum yet. You see, the fuel rods profit from being clustered tightly together, because this will increase fertility (the percentage value), which in turn reduces fuel usage, but also increases temperature. High temperature increases fuel usage again, so you need to strike a balance somewhere. The 4x4x4 starter reactor from my guide is an example for a good low-level balance. I have found that a medium-sized reactor with Resonant Ender can be balanced well with one 3x3 fuel rod cluster, or maybe two 2x2 clusters. If you lump together too many rods, temperature will go through the roof. Unless you are aiming at breeding Cyanite, temperature should never go above 1000°C. Best operation temperature is around 900°C, and ideally casing heat should be equal to core heat. The better the coolant, the closer those two values will be.

It's really quite an interesting system. Looking forward to further development, as the author stated that some things will be added yet. Like meltdowns. :-D

Edited by Curunir