Launcher not working?

vianilambo

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Most recent (I think 1.0.1.3?)

Operating System: Windows 7

Version of Java: 64-bit

Description of Problem: Launcher does not work: Updating launcher box pops up, vanishes, and does not install. I literally have no anti-virus software. I read the common problems page and followed instructions: did not help. Please assist.

Antivirus program:

9 answers to this question

Launcher/pack Version: Most recent (I think 1.0.1.3?)

Operating System: Windows 7

Version of Java: 64-bit

Description of Problem: Launcher does not work: Updating launcher box pops up, vanishes, and does not install. I literally have no anti-virus software. I read the common problems page and almost completely followed instructions: did not help. Please assist.

FTFY. We need an error message or log.

Okay: I have installed all of the windows java downloads on the site provided: still no installer. No log folder in the .jar, and it is giving me the "Checking launcher version" window then closing. I have followed all of the FAQ recommendations for solving this problem, and it isn't fixed. I don't have the ability to tell it to run the launcher in java: the "open with" selection isn't there when i right click it. Please ask questions if there is anything that might help. I have no logs folder. I have checked. I don't know what other info you want. Please specify.

Okay: I have installed all of the windows java downloads on the site provided:

All at once? try JUST the newest Java 6, and then try JUST the newest Java 7.

Then try going to appdata/techniclauncher/whatever and running the launcher from the .jar. you may have to tell your computer to execute .jars with Java.