BUG: Farm (eg. Wheat Farm) only works in SSP not SMP

Rowtag

Question

Hello,

I was searching trough the Forum but i didn't find anything about that, maybe i didn't see it?!

If there was a post about that im sorry.

So i have the problem that "Farms" as example wheat farm works well in Single player, but if i go on my server, it won't work.

Nothing happens there, it don't start to build.

Is there a known fix for that?

Thanks, Row

Launcher/pack Version: Tekkit 2.1.1

Operating System:Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit

Version of Java: 7U4

Error Messages: n/A

7 answers to this question

Hello,

I was searching trough the Forum but i didn't find anything about that, maybe i didn't see it?!

If there was a post about that im sorry.

So i have the problem that "Farms" as example wheat farm works well in Single player, but if i go on my server, it won't work.

Nothing happens there, it don't start to build.

Is there a known fix for that?

Thanks, Row

Launcher/pack Version: Tekkit 2.1.1

Operating System:Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit

Version of Java: 7U3

Error Messages: n/A

Don't sign your posts for one.

For two, are you speaking about the forestry machines? If so, try this site:

http://forestry.sengir.net/wiki/index.php?q=rubberwood&action=search

So, you are placing a wheat farm in the exact same way you did in SSP with exactly the same setup? Are you sure it's powered and has seeds and dirt in it? Also IIRC wheat farms won't build anything unless they have enough dirt to complete the farm in the forestry version in tekkit...

I only ask the above because it's often something silly ppl miss that stops features working :). Also if you are using electric engines then the slightly tempremental IC2 power grid can refuse to give them any juice at all depending on how they are set up and what is running off the same wire before them.

Try using NEI to magic in a wheat farm, 4 stacks of dirt, stack of seeds, a steam engine a stack of coal and a lever. Pop down the farm, engine next to it making sure it points at it (if not use a wrench to turn it to point at the farm), lever next to engine and fill the machines up with goodies. If it still doesn't do anything after leaving it a while then can you tell me if the engine is pumping, if not does it have the gfx effect at the base to say it's got an RS signal but is refusing to run?

EDIT: I assume I don't need to say turn the lever on but I figure I will just in case! :)

I did exactly the same in singleplayer as in multiplayer, i have enough space... 4 x 64 Blocks of Dirt and 4x64 seeds.

I powered a Biomassengine to run it, works in single fine. In multiplayer it won't work. It doesn't start to build the farm.

The engine is powered and running (animation) and its correctly facing to the Farm.

Now ill try with that engine u told me, but yesterday i did exactly the same with that engine.. nothing happens.

// Now i tested that like u said... steam engine is working.. facing to farm filled with 4 stacks of dirt 1 stack seed powered with a lever.. nothing happens. I also reinstalled the server but still nothing happens. In single player it works that way (exactly same way) fine..

Oh god, i found the problem, i had a antigrief plugin "Antiguest" installed.. it blockd in anyway.. everything what need build right. It didn't build quarry fields.. farms... is there any way to get that work with that? :)

What do you mean bonfire with dummy players? Are there players to give right to?

Thanks

Most MODS make a fake player you need to give permission to for permissions mods. Off the top of my head they are mostly the name of the mod in square brackets eg [buildCraft] or [Forestry] so you give them permissions (I think most ppl op them) and they can place and destroy blocks etc. The fake player names are probably in each mods config files.

Your best bet is just google permissions and the mod and i'll bet you get plenty of hits.