Server Permissions

I'm in the need of help with some permission files for my server. I am unsure of what permission plugin what to use, and how then to set it up. I got essentials on and it is saying that I cannot do certain commands as a new player, such as /spawn or /sethome. I am also not sure on how to add different ranks to the players. Don't be mad if i didn't post this in the bug board, cuz this is not a bug, just me being dumb at permissions. Please help me!!!

I'm in the need of help with some permission files for my server. I am unsure of what permission plugin what to use, and how then to set it up. I got essentials on and it is saying that I cannot do certain commands as a new player, such as /spawn or /sethome. I am also not sure on how to add different ranks to the players. Don't be mad if i didn't post this in the bug board, cuz this is not a bug, just me being dumb at permissions. Please help me!!!

Group Manager works well with Essentials, and is pretty easy to set up.

the GM wiki can be found here.

So would Group Manager be the plugin to use instead of PEX or Permissions, or whatever else there is?

PEX is an alternative to GM. As well as bperms, and a few others. In the end it really just boils down to personal preference, and since I've been using GM for a very long time, I like it more then some of the alternatives. Also GM comes with Essentials permission nodes pre-defined for some of the groups since its made by the same dev(s) as that of Essentials.

Alright man, thanks alot!!! Would it be fine if my Plugin list, as of now, is choptree, commandbook, diskdrivefix, essentials, lwc, recipemanager, worldguard, and worldedit? Would that all work with GM and will it take time to right the perms?

Alright man, thanks alot!!! Would it be fine if my Plugin list, as of now, is choptree, commandbook, diskdrivefix, essentials, lwc, recipemanager, worldguard, and worldedit? Would that all work with GM and will it take time to right the perms?

All of those plugins work just fine with GM, and the time it takes for writing the perms really depends. You can also change all aspects of the config YAML files in game, so you can always change stuff on the go.