Memory Leak

thorzimeron

Question

Launcher/pack Version: Tekkit v 2.1.1 (Everything up to date)

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Version of Java: v7 64 bit

Description of Problem: Massive memory leak whenever I start the server using the Tekkit 2.1.1 jar through my launch.bat. It is observable through windows task manager, as the amount of assigned memory climbs and never drops, leading to a server/computer crash.

Error Messages: N/A

Link to pastebin of log: I don't seem to have a log folder in my .techniclauncher folder, so here is my server.log: http://pastebin.com/5Y04JWQ2

6 answers to this question

I've been noticing ridiculous amounts of memory being used by just the game. Moving around seems to make the memory usage to be normalized. Loading new chunks and stuff.

I've been running the server constantly without restarting it and it seems fine. It's at 2gb of ram being used but it seems to stay around that. The memory required to run all of this is kind of ridiculous, there has to be some kind of memory leak.

In the debug screen it shows like around 200mb of memory being used but task manager reports about 1.7gb. Weird. What's the memory usage in f3 actually referring to?

If you got enough ram, just try allocating a ton to it. If you change the memory allocation in the launcher the game will crash eventually, keep it at 1gb and not 1.5gb (which uses the megabyte flag I think) and it runs fine for me at least.

Possible sources of memory consumption are:

IC2 power cables. If at any point, power flows TO the same place it's coming from, this will cause a devastating amount of memory loss. These are evil.

BC pipes droppin shit. If someone has their pipes overloaded it could be dropping entities everywhere.