Modpack addition Questions

CorianWornen

Question

Hello, I'm a gamer/modder (though I can't yet create my own mods as of yet) and have a question.

First: Technic is amazing. It allows people who are into mods make modded worlds without screwing with their vanilla. This is something I've been dying to find until I eventually did find it.

Second: There are a lot of well known or popular mods not included standard with this program. One such program (hate if you will) is Mine Little Pony. It's a minor mod that changes the skin of your character in to that of a pony form "My little pony: Friendship is magic". I can see why a mod like this would not be included as it gets a lot of crap. But I want to make it available to those who do desire it through making a modpack for technic.

Third: I'm a little fuzzy on the details of this. From what I can tell, I take a normal .minecraft folder renamed after the modpack and drop it into technic. Inside that folder (in it's individual .bin) I have to add the modpack.jar (I believe this is simply the modded vanilla.jar). Assuming that all is correct that is a fairly simple process. Now my other question comes into play

Fourth: How do I make the splash image. When going through the menu of modpacks, each one holds it's own form of title image. Where does this go? Where is this image being pulled from in the .techniclauncher?

TL;DR = I want to make a modpack but don't know how to get the title image.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question