Tekkit stopped working

SASMcBride

Question

Dont know what happened but i hope someone can help me...

Java 64

AVG anti virus

Dont know how to get error messages or logs

I had set of a number of nuclear bombs in my tekkit map, which was great fun.

Then i started a new map for a friend of mine to try it out, but they went to change the controls and as they was doing this the game froze up so i closed the game.

Now when i try and run tekkit i log in and it comes up with the MOJANG screen but after about 15 secs the screen goes white and it goes no further.

I can still run minecraft and all the other things in the technic pack but just not tekkit......

Im very sad as i have just spent 10 - 15 hours getting my nuclear power station working.

Please can someone suggest something that may help me play tekkit again :D

Heres a link to my log file:

http://pastebin.com/Qpvy1b3i

2 answers to this question

Step one: Get rid of AVG. If you read the stickies you'd know that bloated piece of shit causes problems. Get Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast. Both are great, and will protect your computer better without screwing you over.

Step two: Update java, update video drivers (why not, can't hurt?), delete your tekkit folder (%appdata%), download a new launcher, and reinstall.

If doing all of the above doesn't work, we'll go from there.

If you come back having only done one or two of those things, and then say it still isn't working, I'll leave you to the wolves so to speak.