Good PC spec for Tekkit

Why don't you post your system specs so we can tell you where your own computer might be lacking.

Giving you a minimum set of system specs to get x type of performance depends on many factors, settings, hardware configurations, software, everything. In other other words, a very loaded question with a million potential answers.

I run an older Sapphire 5870 1Gb card OCed, 12 Gb of RAM OC to 1600Mhz at 8-8-8--24 2T timings, an EVGA X58 SLI board, a 980x CPU currently at 3.33Ghz (took down the OC for awhile), Ultra X4 1050W Modular PSU. That's most of the significant stuff. I run Technic at 170FPS (I like Millenaire and matmos); I host on my rig and play and still get over 100fps most of the time in Tekkit.

If you're planning on rebuilding, you don't really need a specific parts list of other peoples' computers, just set a budget and get the best components you can afford within that budget. Also, consider a goal (such as what other games and stuff you play), expandability over time, and length of time you plan to keep the computer. The reason I asked for your specs earlier is because it may be possible for you to just add to your current computer or swap something out to improve performance (if it's a pre-made thing like a dell or something, maybe not).

I didn't get a very detailed General Spec for my Pc (or i jsut lost it :P), but here is what i managed to dig up:

CPU : AMD Athlon II X2 215

2.70 GHz

RAM: 1x 2gb 1066 MHz + 1 extra slot

More detailed : DDR3 - SDRAM (1333MHz)

GPU : Integrated ATI Radeon 3000 (256 MB)

Personal opinion would be that due to lack of RAM or just my PC being totally crappy, Tekkit lags.

What do you think guys ?

It runs perfectly fine on my Lenovo Thinkpad T520.

Core i7-2620M @ 2.7GHz

8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz (iirc, not entirely sure about the clockspeed right now)

NVidia Quattro 4200M

Not exactly an übermachine, but it's decent for a laptop.

As for my desktop:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6GHz (OC)

8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

2x Sapphire HD5770 in crossfire

I didn't get a very detailed General Spec for my Pc (or i jsut lost it :P), but here is what i managed to dig up:

CPU : AMD Athlon II X2 215

2.70 GHz

RAM: 1x 2gb 1066 MHz + 1 extra slot

More detailed : DDR3 - SDRAM (1333MHz)

GPU : Integrated ATI Radeon 3000 (256 MB)

Personal opinion would be that due to lack of RAM or just my PC being totally crappy, Tekkit lags.

What do you think guys ?

That, your graphics, is what I believe would hold you back (client-side). Anytime I see "integrated graphics" I know there'll be a problem. If you only have 256mb (or it's allocated from your system's RAM) I know you're going to run into lag because your graphics processing isn't up to par. For running Tekkit, your RAM is a bit low but tolerable but your graphics is the thing holding you back (in my opinion). The processor is alright for Minecraft but I'd try to go another 2Gb RAM and a separate video card with at least 512Mb to 1Gb of juice.

In all likelihood, a 512Mb video card+ and another 2Gb of RAM (in a 64 bit OS) would allow you to run Tekkit just fine without having to rebuild from scratch.

• 11 months later...

Here's the laptop i have, and i want to know if its possible to download tekkit on it. (if it helps i have a 698gb external harddrive as well) would tekkit play on this? i dont want to waste my time downloading something useless http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=3999411&prodTypeId=321957&objectID=c01911134