Groups of Items are Uncraftable

Xb0x3r

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 3.0.3

Operating System: Ubuntu LTS 11.10

Version of Java: OpenJDK-7-JRE

Description of Problem: This one is interesting. Certain items are uncraftable, i.e. they appear for a split second then disappear in the crafting bench.

Here's where it gets interesting:

- Vanilla items are uncraftable and IC2/others are craftable when RecipeManager is installed/enabled,

- Vanilla items are craftable and IC2/others are not craftable when RecipeManager is not present/disabled.

It's not a huge deal, it just means playing legitmately is extremely difficult in Tekkit 3.0.3

Error Messages: None

Link to pastebin of log: N/A

13 answers to this question

We've noticed something along those lines. We didnt have it loaded and nothing would be craftable. Somethings like fences couldnt be placed. No errors or any indication of what's going on. The time in between is intermittent as well, it will just break at random.

We're running on my home pc.

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

Amd Phenon 2 X6 2.6ghz

12 gb ram

• Forum Administrators

I am guessing you are using /reload to test with and without recipemanager? Other people have reported running /reload causes items to no longer craft.

We're still having the same problem where groups of items outside of default minecraft items are no longer craftable. I gracefully stop the server, restart it and everything works. Could be an hour or five hours later it happens again. Have to restart the server. We're not using reload at all.

I've just confirmed that a full restart did not fix the problem. With RecipeManager in, vanilla items just wont craft (i.e. I cant even convert wood to wood planks, planks to sticks, etc.)

This does not have anything to do with the /reload command.

Suggestions?

Thanks, mod edit: please read the rules. don't do this

EDIT: Additional info about this situation:

This server was reinstalled from scratch with Tekkit 3.0.3. The map, however, was converted from 1.1. I have no idea if that makes any difference at all, but you never know.

I've had tons of issues attempting to install Oracle's Java. When I first tried, I couldn't even get it to untar on its own, and past that, the bin had tons of issues. None of the tutorials I followed seemed to work for me.

It seems to be a headache and downtime of my other servers just waiting to happen.

Here's the thing that confuses me, why would Tekkit 2 work fine on OpenJDK, but as soon as we upgrade, it's broken? It just seems odd to me. I know it's surely not incompatibility with CraftBukkit as 4 other (vanilla-ish) minecraft (CraftBukkit, unmodded) servers run on the same box using other instances of the same version of OpenJDK.

I'd just rather avoid the whole Oracle Java mess, but if it has to be done, it may be a worthwhile upgrade.

P.S. Sorry, I never saw that post earlier, I'm tired, I miss things :P