Sline repellant block?

I've ended up building something in a slime block and although fighting them is good fun now and then, I'd like to banish them from that chunk without destroying them from the server.

Any ideas please? Even if it is expensive to craft, that doesn't matter too much because they're not an everyday use.

Open your minimap options and turn on show slime chunks. They only spawn in the colored chunks.

Your best option if you aren't developed is to move.

If you are developed, you may consider a tesla coil. They are fairly heavy on the EU but they will pretty effectively kill any mob.

There is no 'slime repellent' but if the server you play on allows EE you could use interdiction torches to keep them away from areas you work in.

If you have posted this in the wrong section and you are actually playing technic not tekkit, then go into your mo creatures options and turn off slime spawns, also there is an option to be able to change vanilla spawns that you must also change. The mo creatures options is in your esc menu in game. (I dont play technic so my instructions are vague. but you should be able to figure it out pretty easy.)

Hi,

Yes, I'm playing Tekkit and I'm developed. Just laid a large underground lab with reinforced stone and glass, so moving it would be a real pain.

The lab is way underground, level 38, hence the slimes are coming through.

The tesla coil suggestion is a great one. I'll look in to making one of those. Many thanks.

I determined that powering the tesla coil, that far down, on a permanent basis, was going to be a pain so I might as well suck it up and dig a new lab.

However, here I am, digging down to level 44, at least one chunk away from any slime generation block, and I'm getting attacked by a slime.

Can anyone help me understand why I'm getting attacked this high up, so far away from slime chunks, by a slime? Many thanks.

slimeattack.jpg

I've gone back down, the slime is 2x2x2 and I've widened the area out to a little more than 3x3x3 (I increased the dept by 1) and the slime doesn't seem to want to translate in to my area. It's knocking me around like a rag doll and I can't hit it. Can't do anything with it. I do see shards of green coming off it, but it doesn't flash dark to indicate that it is taking damage.

Does your server allow EE cause interdiction torches would help out a lot.

Slimes can only spawn in the slime chunks but that probably doesn't stop them moving out of the boundaries, It has probably come at you through a cavern and if you close it off they should stop coming.

As for the glitchy slime, Its pretty common for mobs in SMP to glitch out like that, especially when they are confined to a small space as that slime is. Try restarting your client, or just leaving it for a while, it should despawn on its own eventually if you cant hit it. You just wait until you fight creepers that refuse to be hit.

After some testing, it doesn't seem like the torches are working on the slimes. Perhaps it is because they are larger than their center, that the torches don't have as much of an effect.

Some battles later, and after making the walls, ceiling and floor four thick, I've decided to block up the part of the lab that is in the chunk. I will probably have to destroy a few walls and extend in another direction, possibly even relocate the entrance. I couldn't get enough power down low enough for the tesla coil. I'll possibly have to look up some demos on geothermal generators on YouTube.

More testing needed!