Crash Report - Mac 10.7.4 - Unable to Play

Cosworth

Question

Launcher/pack Version: The Very latest. Can't spot a number, my apologies.

Operating System: Mac OS 10.7.4

Version of Java: Java SE 7 and JDK7, both prioritized through Java Utility Settings.

Description of Problem: After clicking login, the launcher crashes and spits an error at me. If I'm reading the error report correctly, its either caused by the LWJGLs or an error I made with Java.

Antivirus program: None

Error Messages:

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9c4f49b2 --------

Generated 6/5/12 11:33 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1

Java: 1.7.0_06-ea, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not get the JAWT interface

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.lockAndInitHandle(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.access$100(AWTSurfaceLock.java:49)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock$1.run(AWTSurfaceLock.java:89)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.privilegedLockAndInitHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:86)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTSurfaceLock.lockAndGetHandle(AWTSurfaceLock.java:64)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.initHandle(MacOSXCanvasPeerInfo.java:53)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.doLockAndInitHandle(MacOSXDisplayPeerInfo.java:56)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.PeerInfo.lockAndGetHandle(PeerInfo.java:85)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXContextImplementation.create(MacOSXContextImplementation.java:47)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.<init>(Context.java:120)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:858)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:295)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

--- END ERROR REPORT af6743ca ----------

Link to pastebin of log: The log displays the same error as above.

Other Details: The option to use/not use latest LWJGL binaries is unselectable. ("Greyed out"). I've attempted the META-INF solution offered by the common problems thread. That did not work. I also nuked the technic folder under application support and re-installed. Same error. Not of the other problems listed in the 'common problems' thread are affecting my install.

My apologies if its a dumb mistake, but I'm purely stumped! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MineCraft at its core is still working, as it can be launched from the regular .app, however then it is not running Tekkit/Technic.

3 answers to this question

The Launcher number should be in the title bar. The pack version would be listed by clicking on the "options" button, and reading the greyed out drop down.

As for the error, I'm surprised that you actually got the error message. The OS X version used to just die on the transition (without showing anything). I haven't really used technic in a while.

It's a bug between LWJGL, JAWT, and the OpenJDK7 implementation used by OS X, specifically, embedding an applet into a screen. For a while, I thought it would work if you compiled the launcher only against the 1.6 JDK, but that seemed to still be broken a while back.

If you re-prioritize your java back down to Java6, does it allow you to go forward, or is there a different message? I'm away from my mac, so I can't check.

It does allow me to proceed forward, seems to indicate I'm on "Tekkit", I can connect to a Tekkit server, but even when I'm given seeds that should have Tekkit-y things right nearby (rubber trees) etc, it acts like its a vanilla game.

EDIT: By selecting the build manually I was able to fix this. However the build I have to select is the old, recommended build. But the server runs the new build. How complicated. Now if I could only get the server to 'downgrade'.

It does allow me to proceed forward, seems to indicate I'm on "Tekkit", I can connect to a Tekkit server, but even when I'm given seeds that should have Tekkit-y things right nearby (rubber trees) etc, it acts like its a vanilla game.

EDIT: By selecting the build manually I was able to fix this. However the build I have to select is the old, recommended build. But the server runs the new build. How complicated. Now if I could only get the server to 'downgrade'.

I think I remember seeing other posts related to the first part elsewhere on the forums. My gut says that it involved deleting your techniclauncher folder (~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher), but I'm not certain.