Major lag on server apart from in 4 chunks-HELP!!

The_Elkin

Question

Launcher/pack Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: 64bit windows 7

Version of Java: jre-7u1-windows-x64

Description of Problem: Major lag on a tekkit server but i get it on all of the map apart from 4 chunks at my home, as soon as i leave those chunks it lags rly bad, like the sound lags my frame rate drops hugely and i can barley play.

Error Messages: n/a

Link to pastebin of log: n/a

9 answers to this question

Is it FPS lag or serverside lag? If it's FPS lag, I've heard re-installing the launcher may help.

Press "Windows Key" + R, then type in %appdata%. Make sure your launcher is closed, and delete .techniclauncher. Make sure you backup any saves in any of the modpacks you may have.

Are there perhaps a bunch of machines in those four chunks? This is a known issue with IC2, you can delete the sounds, or i believe you might be able to fix it by switching to the new ljwgl.

yes we have alot of geothermal generators running and it seems to be i can play fine but as soon as i enter then leave those chunks i start to get the lag

Yeah, it's the IC2 sounds. Try muting your game when you lag, then unmuting when you've left the area. Othrewise, try deleting the ic2 machine noises.