The launcher's decided to finally kill itself.

SP00KEH

Question

Well just a couple of days ago I was merrily pissing about terraforming worlds with my gargantuan nuclear fists then I decided I needed to do a complete HDD wipe, reinstall windows and everything else, and start from scratch so I'd have more than 10gb out of 1tb left of space.

And you know what now. The launcher's decided to be a massive dick. At varying levels of progression it decides to hang up for about ten minutes before declaring that it's failed, even though I ran it on the same exact configuration albeit with less hard drive space just the other day. I've tried everything from adding exceptions to my firewall which never usually conflicts with anything to disabling all security functions to uninstalling the firewall altogether. But supposedly none of this is the issue, the launcher just wants to be a massive arse and not work.

What do?

5 answers to this question

That'd require me to use a shorthand form to answer questions, which is against my religion you see. You seem reasonable enough to be patient enough to read more than a shorthanded format. And anyways, every damn format for every damn mod/game/anything troubleshooting report is the same. It's just obvious questions that can be answered in a single sentence as thus: I have the latest version of the launcher, latest Java, latest errything, Windows 7, no antivirus as of now until I reinstall Avast, and the error just says download failed. It's inconsistent. It doesn't fail at the same point every time, or not work altogether. There's no error whatsoever, I've checked the logs; it just does nothing until I exit the launcher.

Say I try Yogbox. It goes along like this. Same for Technic, Tekkit, Voxel, and Hack\Mine

[18:32:14] [sEVERE]    Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/mods/mocreatures/mocreatures-v3.3.0.zip', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[18:55:02] [sEVERE]    Exiting the Technic Launcher

Also, the changing of the avatars and titlemajigger is quite rude and childish.