UPDATE FAILED ISSUE IS NOW GONE

KakerMix

Question

13 answers to this question

Re: UPDATE FAILED ISSUE

once you get the current patch up and running, perhaps you could improve it so it can support unknown minecraft versions by using a code that uses this format:

if minecraft ver = known, then chkMD5, else, then attempt backdate

if chkMD5 < 1.1, then backdate, else, if, chkver == 1.1, then continue, else, then update

Re: UPDATE FAILED ISSUE

It's interesting that even vanilla minecraft has a "Do you want to update?" option that technic apparently lacks.

The launcher is unable to use backdated jars. It's the only mod I know that force updates (which will all but ensure it breaks after every update).

Hi.

We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix right now. It has everything to do with a certain 1.2 jar being changed from the one we were given before actual release.

We are also working on a fix right now. Sorry for the wait guys!

Issue is now resolved. Have a great day!

Actually I'm still having the same problem I chose both the recommended and developtment builds, and after pressing login and saying both yes and no to the update, it still says update failed! after backing up the previous build.

The issue was with the backdate code.. if the launcher doesnt have the patch to downgrade the mc jar then it will fail... And Minecraft managed to update to a new version 3 times in 2 days. There way to get around having to make a downgrade patch for each new version without distributing the jar yourself.

Hi.

We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix right now. It has everything to do with a certain 1.2 jar being changed from the one we were given before actual release.

We are also working on a fix right now. Sorry for the wait guys!

Issue is now resolved. Have a great day!

I downloaded a new launcher .exe and .jar and i deleted the .technicpack folder and it still prompts me an update and it still fails.

Thanks for all the work Kaker and team. Just wanted to mention that I was having the white screen / stuck at updating as of 7am. Deleting the launcher, and the ".t" folder, re-downloading the launcher, and re-installing fixed the issue.

Thanks again

Rusty

Mod Note: Don't do this.