[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Ralsha Denmoon

[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

Has been spamming my console.

1. I know what it means means something is prob overloaded/lagging the system which the TPS if bouncing around so it is prob in game. So what normally could cause lag.

BuildCraft is Banned on the server. We have RedPower and Collectors/MKs.

2. Here's my specs

Dedicated Server:

3.4Ghz Quadcore, 32Gb Ram, 128SSD SataIII, 10K Gb Bandwidth, 1GBPS Net Speed

SSD has 14.8 GB left of space on it.

Yes I've allocated 32 GB of ram to the server itself.

Plugins:

BKCommonLib 1.22 - bergerkiller

Buycraft 4.7 - Buycraft Development Tea

ChatManager 1.19.1 - t3hk0d3

Citizens 1.2 - fullwall, aPunch

ClearLag 1.4 - bob7l

ColoredSigns 1.2 - but2002

DeathTpPlus 3.9.11.2149 - 'Don Redhorse', 'mung3r'

EnchantAnything 1.0 - Unknown Author

EnchantShops 0.1.4 - Unknown Author

Essentials 2.9.2 - Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans, Xeology, KHobbits, md_5, Iaccidentally

EssentialsSpawn 2.9.2 - Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans, Xeology, KHobbits

Factions 1.7.4_dev - Olof Larsson, Brett Flannigan

LWC 4.3.0 (b736-git-1b1150b1) (August 08, 2012) - Hidendra

LagMeter 1.8 - DemmyDemon, TheLunarFrog, marvinej

BukkitCompat r20A - PhonicUK

Minequery 1.5 - Unknown Author

MobBountyReloaded 235 - ToppleTheNun, MCForger

Modifyworld 1.19.3 - t3hk0d3

Multiverse-Core 2.5-b558 - 'Rigby', 'fernferret', 'lithium3141', 'main--'

Multiverse-Inventories 2.4-b175 - dumptruckman

Multiverse-NetherPortals 2.4-b557 - 'Rigby', 'fernferret'

Multiverse-Portals 2.5-b579 - 'Rigby', 'fernferret'

NoItem 2.0.5 - nala3

NoLagg 1.86 - bergerkiller

OpenInv 1.8.5 - lishid

PaidRanks 1.0 - polaris120990

PermissionsEx 1.19.3 - t3hk0d3

PvPReward 1.8.0 - Codisimus

PvPTimer 0.9 - lemon42

RankUp 1.4 - toalec

ScheduledAnnouncer2 2.4 - for CB 1.2.5-R3.0 - Unknown Author

ServerLogSaver 2.1.1 - Unknown Author

ShowCaseStandalone 1.16 - kellerkindt, sorklin, bitfreeze

SimpleCommandSigns 0.8 - Devil Boy

SpamGuard 1.0 BETA-1 - Unknown Author

Stargate 0.7.7.2 - Drakia

Permissions 2.7.7 - SpaceManiac, t3hk0d3, TheYeti, Nijiko

Superpickaxe 0.4f - DiddiZ

TheIcarusProject '1.0' - DV8FromTheWorld, GadgetTvMan

VanishNoPacket '3.11' - mbaxter

Vault 1.2.16-b184 - cereal, Sleaker, mung3r

Votifier 1.7 - blakeman8192, Kramer

WelcomeRulezz 0.5.2 - Wannezz

WorldBorder 1.5.4 - Brettflan

WorldEdit 5.3 - Unknown Autho

WorldGuard "5.5.2 FOR TEKKIT 3.0.3 [AlienX]" - Unknown Author

Buscript 1.0-SNAPSHOT-b14 - dumptruckman

RSP 1.0.0 - Unknown Author

SimpleRegionMarket 2.0.3-beta - theZorro266

Plugins Removed then the next day this started happening:

FactionsPlus

Chatco

Tekkit Restrict (This was our server crasher)

Mob Catcher

AntiRelog

CCLogger

I'm going to attach a screenshot of VisualVM in a few minutes too.

Probably a good idea to only allocate 30G of RAM to the minecraft server. Java isn't very good at staying within it's allocated limits.You also need to allow some RAM for the OS and other applications, not to mention do you really need that much RAM for MC anyway?

Have a look around your world, keep an eye out for large solar arrays and poorly designed factories leaking items.

Make sure you paint cables, tubes and wires so that EU, Items and redstone signals go where you want them to and round and round in loops eating up processing time while not actually doing anything.

Check your world for large amounts of flowing water/lava this again creates more load on the server making it process the flow of the fluid each tick.

Check for Wireless Redstone usage, I've found that players can easily lagg out a server using this.

Double check for things like world anchors (pretty easy since it says how many world anchors are loaded at startup) - anchor carts, dimensional anchors and teleport tethers(these should be banned anyway since they do squat)

I'd be inclined to remove some plugins too, for example, you don't need ChatManager, Essentials does it, so assuming your already using Essentials for something else, there's no need to have both.

What control panel do you use if any? If MCMyAdmin or MultiCraft, or other similar CP chances are you can schedule events like announcements and restarts through that instead of needing a plugin to do it.

What does Welcome Rulezz do? Would the Essentials Welcome message do the same job?

Who has access to SuperPickaxe? If the same as WorldEdit, you only need WorldEdit.

What does SimpleCommandSigns do? Does Essentials do it too?

Can you not achieve the same thing as OpenInv through Essentials Invsee?

Do you really need serverlog saver? doesn't minecraft do this by default? If you wanted you could write a script (Or I think MCMyAdmin even allows for it) to "rotate" your server.log so that a new log file is used each time the server is started to prevent the log file getting too large and creating issues of its own.

Do you really need "Laggmeter"? I'm fairly sure essentials has a /lag command to allow you to check the number of entities and the TPS of the server etc...

You really dont want "NoLagg" try using CB++ build 75 or Spigot instead. They're much better.

What actual CPU are you using? (Theres a big difference between an i5-2400 and an E5630 running at those clock speeds)

McMyAdmin - Has Server restarts happening every 4 hours. Saves the world every 15 mins.

WelcomeRulezz - can /rules and shows them and can /commands shows the players and also gives a welcome msg when they join the server.

SuperPickAxe - Basically allows fast breaking of blocks. One click and their gone. Now i believe it might be the same command as essentials has and donators get access to this BUT superpickaxe allows me to ban breaking of certain blocks (like bedrock). Can essentials be setup to ban the breaking of blocks I dont want the players to?

SimpleCommandSigns - Forgot I had this on here. Removed this one. Wasn't being used.

InvSee can only be used when player is online. OpenInv can be done when the player is offline/online. Much better IMO.

So in order to use the CB++ build 75, I would remove the current craftbukkit.jar and replace it with that one? or should I create a completely new server folder file. reinstall the tekkit 3.1.2 on it with the CB++ Build 75? or does it even matter? Also is there anything else I would need to do to get this CB++ installed and running? (Planning on testing this out on my personal system to see what plugins stop working cause of it.)

To use CB++ or Spigot (personally I use Spigot, it's slightly better and actually still in development unlike CB++) you litterally just replace the jar file that you load in most cases craftbukkit.jar and let it take care of the rest.

But always make sure you have a backup of your world and plugins just in case.

Pretty sure everything you said WelcomeRulezz does can be done with Essentials.

(Make sure you re-read my last post, I think I made some edits while/after you replied)

MCMyAdmin I think has the option to send automated messages without the need for a plugin. Worth checking into. (I've only ever used the demo so can't be sure... they all start to blend together if you dont use them often enough.)

What Djinni said.

I've had that error in the past as well. I could not, for the life of me, find the cause.

Anyway, Java uses a garbage collection system which needs RAM, it's exponential to the application you're using(and how bad or good it's coded). I'd leave about 3-4 GB of RAM just for Java's GB. It may be an overkill, I'm not really sure. The OS needs some too.

Also....holy fuckballz that's a lot of plugins.

Yes it can problem is within it, you have the option of selecting 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, hourly announcements and such and if you have mutiple things. Like I have 7 things that run. The moment they all hit 100 they all hit the server. So you get hit with like 7 server msgs. It's totally insuffiencent IMO. Now I suppose I could tone it down to like a few announcements or combin the REALLY important ones into just one? I suppose.

kk, changed the allocation to where 30 gbs goes to the server itself and 4 for the OS and Java GB.

Removed Simplecommandsigns.

Dijinni within essentials how could I get the chat to look like this?

enable: true (Obsolete)

message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> %message (<<<<<)

global-message-format: <%prefix%player%suffix> &e%message (<<<<)

ranged-mode: false (Obsolete)

chat-range: 100.0 (Obsolete)

Thx in advance all of you. Been hell of a huge help with all these issues i keep on finding.

Collectors = 1000x worse than BC pipes

1 collector calls world.getTileEntity 12 times per tick

1 relay calls world.getTileEntity 12 times per receiveEnergy call, which is called by each collector

1 collector "flower" 18 collector / 5 relay setup calls getTileEntity 18*12 for the ticks, 25*12 for the receiveEnergy calls, and that's a best case scenario - some collectors send energy to more than one relay and so the receiveEnergy calls will be higher, then multiply that by the amount of flowers people make, and you have yourself a nice little lag hole...

Not only that, redpower in certain situations is also waaaaaaaay worse than buildcraft when it comes to lag, the biggest one is when kids setup 30 recyclers in a row and then pump stacks of dirt or whatever through the pipes at .2s and overflow the shit out of it, then you get the stacks only dropping 1-5 items out of the stack into the recycler, and each time it pops back into the pipe it has to recalculate a route for it to go, which means iterating through the whole pipe network again multiple times per tick in bad cases, which is uber laggysauce.

Looking at your visualvm image seeing how redpower TileTube is taking up 21%, I'd say you have some users abusing redpower, possibly look at limiting your timer delays to 1s instead of the default .2s.

In the essentials chat portion of plugins/Essentials/config.yml:

############################################################

# +------------------------------------------------------+ #

# |                  EssentialsChat                    | #

# +------------------------------------------------------+ #

############################################################

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.

# Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.

# Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)

# Or with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)

# You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."

radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat

# Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.

# If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.

# For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'

#format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:

#  Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

#  Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If your using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

Just configure this bit to suit your needs. Usually it should already be doing what you want it to through your use of Permissions.

http://help.mojang.com/

In here says the login servers are down. This wouldnt have anything to do with the that Warning Error Im sure of it but figured i'd ask.

Some player blurted that out and i was thinking cant be accurate.

Not likely, since there are plenty of servers which run in offline mode perfectly fine. (I used to run one myself till I bought the game)

Yes it can problem is within it, you have the option of selecting 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, hourly announcements and such and if you have multiple things. Like I have 7 things that run. The moment they all hit 100 they all hit the server. So you get hit with like 7 server msgs. It's totally insuffiencent IMO. Now I suppose I could tone it down to like a few announcements or combin the REALLY important ones into just one? I suppose.

Does MCMyAdmin have an API you can use like Multicraft does? If so you can use that to set a cronjob to do it...

ah nice, thanks Djinnii, Oh hey i got question for u guys.

I tried running Mob Disguise V for 1.2.5MC (caused the server to crash every 15 to 30 mins)

Then tried DisguiseCraft and caused the server to make duplicates of every play then maxed it to like 100 with just 15 actual people on. Any reasons ya think? Like maybe the current plugin setup i got was causing issues? Cause I've noticed other servers having Mob Disguise and it worked fine for them.

Btw I removed Tekkit restrict which fixed our crashing issues and managed to use NoItem and Modifyworld to prevent players from throwing the enderpearls =D