How to play offline

The "Play" button becomes "Play Offline" or something like that -- it should still work just the same.  The only catch is that you must have downloaded the necessary files (while connected to the internet) before this works.

The "Play" button becomes "Play Offline" or something like that -- it should still work just the same. The only catch is that you must have downloaded the necessary files (while connected to the internet) before this works.

Could you tell me which files I need to download I can go back to my local library and download them.

Just run TechnicLauncher and then select/play Tekkit Classic while you have an internet connection.  It will automatically download the right files -- while I imagine it's entirely possible to get them otherwise, that would be so much more complicated.

I have already ran technic classic once before now im unable to log in on the Technic launcher  so i cant get into the game to play offline mode.

Then I must be misunderstanding you.  If you've already played it on that system, it should be simple to play "Offline".

When you run TechnicLauncher, what happens?  I just disconnected from the internet and tried it -- I get "PLAY OFFLINE" in the bottom-right, where "PLAY" normally is; and all my modpacks have OFFLINE written in red on them.  I just pick the modpack and run it.

When I try a modpack that is NOT installed on my system, I get an error that the modpack is missing or corrupt.  But an installed modpack doesn't give me problems.

How far do you get before you have trouble?  And do you get an error, a crash, ...?

Could it be that my login info wasnt saved the first time i logged in and if so does that mean im screwed?

I'm really not sure -- but it's not the Tekkit Classic that's the problem, it seems.  We need to get you logged into TechnicLauncher.

You do need to log into TechnicLauncher once with valid info, so maybe that's the issue.  See if you can get that fixed.

If my memory is correct, the ability to play offline will only work if the Technic Launcher is set to automatically log in to a certain profile (i.e. the "Remember this account" tick box is checked when you enter your account details). From what I can tell, this isn't the case; try setting it to remember your account next time you use the launcher with internet access and see if it works then.

If you have a specific saved world/game, I'd back it up (save it elsewhere) and then just wipe everything and reinstall from scratch.

You could probably get away with just resetting the Tekkit Classic pack if you wanted to give that a shot (it's under the gear on the Tekkit Classic icon), but if all else fails a clean install might do the trick.

That said, you'll still need to log in once while connected (and, as Valkon said, set it to "Remember this account").

if that still doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.