Could I add tekkit to my existing setup?

Hi,

I'm using an already modded server (All of RedPower, ComputerCraft, and Paintball guns mod), and I would like to move to tekkit. However, I have a few concerns.

1. I am using MultiModWorld bukkit, from the Minecraft Port Central, and I need to keep using that, as some of my members do not want to install client side mods (some prefer vanilla minecraft, fyi) Tested on a local server and MultiModWorld Bukkit does not present any risks using it

2. Paintball guns mod is not included with Tekkit, and this will likely be an issue as even I myself like this mod. I can remove the mod, but won't be very happy doing so. My main concern here, however, is that there will be issues getting rid of all traces of Paintball guns safely if I do end up using tekkit Nobody else uses it, so I can remove it

3. This was already an issue with MultiModWorld bukkit, but I have searched for hours without finding answers to my issues with Orebfuscator, and I'd like to know if anyone's got that (or something similar) working please. (very little, if any information, can be found on this issue) (likely the answer will be no to this 3rd question, so why bother asking)

4. RedPower and IndustrialCraft have conflicting Item ID's, and I just want to know if I would need a converter to get this to work, or if ComputerCraft and RedPower's ID's have been left untouched I tested and RedPower ID's changed in tekkit, so I will need someone to supply a converter please

Thanks in advance for answering my question (even if it is decided Tekkit isn't right for me).

This is similar to what i want to do. Maybe u can give me some advice. I am running a standard craftbukkit server and i want to integrate tekkit into it and add an additional modded world for tekkit using multiverse. Is it possible to keep the same setup so players don't have to login with the tekkit launcher????

@alonsog: Take a look at this thread: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/so-you-want-to-convert-your-world-to-tekkit-3-0.9492/

mIDas is the program that can help you out, BUT not with the patch.txt which is applied. That one is specially made for Tekkit 2.1.1 worlds. You have to make your own patch.txt. Something I could do, but it's too much work for me. I'm sorry, I'm not the one making it or explaining it. Maybe you could PM the author of that thread for more info on it.

@Patrick: You are asking something different actually. Also for you I've another thread to look at: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/tekkit-world-and-normal-survival-world-on-same-server-possible.11242/#post-83994

On that thread, there is a discussion which mention a plugin YOU are probably looking for. Good luck, can't help any further because I never tried it myself. I've only seen the BukkitDev page once in the name of interest. I'm not using it and I'm never going to either because I only use Tekkit with some extra mods and nothing else.

@alonsog: Take a look at this thread: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/so-you-want-to-convert-your-world-to-tekkit-3-0.9492/

mIDas is the program that can help you out, BUT not with the patch.txt which is applied. That one is specially made for Tekkit 2.1.1 worlds. You have to make your own patch.txt. Something I could do, but it's too much work for me. I'm sorry, I'm not the one making it or explaining it. Maybe you could PM the author of that thread for more info on it.

@Patrick: You are asking something different actually. Also for you I've another thread to look at: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/tekkit-world-and-normal-survival-world-on-same-server-possible.11242/#post-83994

On that thread, there is a discussion which mention a plugin YOU are probably looking for. Good luck, can't help any further because I never tried it myself. I've only seen the BukkitDev page once in the name of interest. I'm not using it and I'm never going to either because I only use Tekkit with some extra mods and nothing else.

Yeah, I thought about using that program, but it didn't look like it was what i wanted. I'll try it out anyways. Thanks for the reply.

Lol, thats my thread u posted. Thats ok though.