"Minecraft forge is not installed"

Bentley

Question

Every time I try to join my Minecraft server with the Tekkit launcher it says "Server requires minecraft forge to be installed".. Tekkit used to work fine, besides the out of memory error every 1-2 minutes and white screens when I tried to join the server every other time.. Here's my computer's specs:

Precessor: IntelĀ® Core i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz

Ram: 8.00 GB

64-bit operating system

Graphics card: GTX 560

So my computer is beyond up to par.. Even though the server even says not enough Ram and I keep crashing to the memory error.. I don't know why this isn't working right, i've reinstalled, downgraded, everything I could think of to get it working again but it's just not working.. I also have the out of memory error in single player once in a while too.. Thanks in advance for any help for i'm really in need of it.

Launcher/pack Version: 304 (Tried 303 too)

Operating System: 64 Bit

Version of Java: 7 I think

Description of Problem: Description above

Antivirus program: Webroot

Error Messages: Server required Minecraft Forge

Link to pastebin of log: "N/A&quot (I'm supposed to write this if I didn't get an error message or know how to find it..?

14 answers to this question

You probably have mismatched client/server. Make sure that if you're using a tekkit 3.0.4 server, you have the Tekkit 3.0.3 client.

I already tried using old and new, new and old, same and same for old, same and same for new.. Nothing works still gives me that message.

What update of java 7 are you using?

I used to have Java 7u3 or something and it always ran out of memory (rubbish garbage dumping system imo)

and now I updated to 7u5 and I never run out of memory.

I don't even know how to check... Uhh, I'd really appreciate a link to this 7u5?

How to check: go to start > type in "cmd" > type in "java -version" in the cmd, it should tell you.

Link: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

Scroll down to "Java 7u5" and select the download for JRE.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll edit this post if it works/doesn't work.

All I can find are development kits, isn't that for people who want to write java?

T.H.A.N.K Y.O.U

YESSSS it worked! Thanks so much Ezioa and everyone for that matter that helped!

My life feels a lot more happy... <3